Notices

fj vs tacoma

Old 09-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
bombz2000 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: joe
bombz2000's Tacoma Gallery
fj vs tacoma

have a question. does anyone on here have a fj and what was your deciding factors for getting a tacoma? ive loved tacomas since i was young and my brother had a 94 tacoma with a shell i used to ride in the back with the dog all the time. and wanted one since then. tacoma is dead as is bro. but im wondering if anyone that has the tacoma uses it to haul kayaks and sleeps in their truck. im stuck between a fj and tacoma. asked a similar ? on the fjcruiser forum but they said the obv., fj is better to sleep out of and for long distance . thanks for the advice.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. . .

Jonny & Manny each have one after owning a Tacoma. . .

They both were "NEUTERED" when purchasing the FJ. . .

I honestly wouldn't spend the $$$ on an FJ. Thats just IMO. However, whichever one serves your purpose. You can't go wrong in the YOTA family.
I've seen some VERY Nice Modded FJ's
Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If you plan on needing the bed for anything then the Taco is good. If not the FJ is a great vehicle. I bought my Taco over an FJ because I have a quad but I plan on towing it anyway since the quad takes up all the space in the bed. Sleeping will definatly be better in the FJ.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Having owned a Tacoma then FJ and now 4Runner.

Each has its own unique qualities. Problem with the FJ's is when you lay the rear seat flat there is a little transitional bump between the seats and the cargo area. You'd have to build a platform to make it flat. Tacoma bed (as long as it's not a double cab short box) would suit you well.

Cost wide they are both comparable.

I picked up a 4Runner Trail Edition and have to say that the 4Runner TE is quite the rig!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Each has it's advantages And it really depends on you. I had a Tacoma and recently purchased an FJ. Although I seldom used the bed of the Tacoma, I miss being able to throw stuff back there without worrying about it, plus the interior was a little more well lit. The FJ has a much better brake system though, and The new dual vvti v6. Teat drive them both and figure out what your lifestyle requires.

You'll need to purchase some sort of rack system to transport your kayak on an FJ, and there are some really cool rooftop tents for it too.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #6
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
its all personal preference. i got a taco cuz most of my family has one and they all go off-roading so i figured id hop on the bandwagon. i personally dont like the FJ's... they look like gay Hummers (no offense to anybody)