Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Top 5 Ugliest Trucks

Old 07-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #21
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
My whole family can stand on my tailgate.... But then, I did add 2 pieces of angle iron to it so........

Seriously though, there's something I've always wondered. You have to open the back window and fold the seats down to use the full bed right? So that means the cab is open to the elements right? So snow and ran can get in if you run to Home Depot on a day like that. Or if it's 25F outside, you freeze trying to use the whole bed.

I suppose you can make sure you only open up the back on clear, warm, sunny days, but then what's the point? It's like having a Corvette you only drive on the second tuesday in June if it's 80F+ outside. It's not a truck that can be used whenever and where ever you need regardless of the weather. I guess with the crappy weather and rapid changes here in NY I always thought that was a stupid idea. (So I don't like the Avalanche or Toyota's ABAT thing.)
The bed with the "midgate" up is bigger than the bed on your truck. We never put the the window thing down, never saw the need.

One of the cooler things about the bed (besides the recessed lighting in the bedsides that was STOCK) was that it came with a tonnue cover. It slid on like our bed rail system and was 3 pieces. Lock the tailgate and you have a 100% secure bed. Toyota should do something like that on the Taco or Tundra.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #22
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
You do got a valid point there. I got an 08 and supposedly there is no tailgate issue on my VIN. But, man, when I stand on my tailgate it just doesn't feel solid. F**K, my old frontier's tailgate felt more solid. But at least my truck don't look like ass LOL
Your truck doesn't look like ass because you sold the Frontier
Old 07-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #23
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that's all cool and everything, but 2 things stand out:

1) It's a chevy
2) It looks like ass
Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #24
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Yeah that's all cool and everything, but 2 things stand out:

1) It's a chevy
2) It looks like ass
Well said...
Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #25
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Your truck doesn't look like ass because you sold the Frontier
Yeah I admit, the frontier looked like ass. But at the time I bought it, I needed a cheap reliable truck.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #27
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
The bed with the "midgate" up is bigger than the bed on your truck. We never put the the window thing down, never saw the need.

One of the cooler things about the bed (besides the recessed lighting in the bedsides that was STOCK) was that it came with a tonnue cover. It slid on like our bed rail system and was 3 pieces. Lock the tailgate and you have a 100% secure bed. Toyota should do something like that on the Taco or Tundra.

Ok, but still. What happens when it rains or snows? I guess it would be like cutting the back of our cabs off and driving around in the winter. In reality, you probably wouldn't. But what's the point of a truck that has limited functionality 6 months of the year and when it rains?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #28

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Ok, but still. What happens when it rains or snows? I guess it would be like cutting the back of our cabs off and driving around in the winter. In reality, you probably wouldn't. But what's the point of a truck that has limited functionality 6 months of the year and when it rains?
I don't understand what your getting at.

It has a normal bed with the gate up. Just as big as the beds on the D/C Tacos (actually a few inches longer/wider). If you want to you can put the thing down to have an 8FT bed, but in the rain the interior of the truck would more than likely get wet.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #29
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I don't understand what your getting at.

It has a normal bed with the gate up. Just as big as the beds on the D/C Tacos (actually a few inches longer/wider). If you want to you can put the thing down to have an 8FT bed, but in the rain the interior of the truck would more than likely get wet.
That's what I meant. If you wanted the full 8ft bed like you can do, then the weather has to be good. So here in NY where it gets down below zero you can't use the 8ft bed for several months. Just seems like if you need an 8ft bed, buy an 8ft bed truck. Not a truck that can fold to have an 8ft bed, but opens the cab up to bad weather and makes the rear passengers get out.

I guess to me it's like buying a hatchback car and saying "oh, well, I can move furniture with this too if I leave the back hatch open...."

I bet of all the ones I see around here NONE of them open the midgate/window to get the full 8ft. Sorta defeats the purpose buying it at that point.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #30

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I guess. To me the extendable bed was one of those features that is just on there as a gimmick to make people say "oh cool!".

Most people who buy the truck aren't looking for the 8FT bed (its kinda stupid IMHO) they want a crew cab truck that's comfortable, can tow a good bit of weight, and rides like a Cadillac. That's what it does.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #31
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd rather have a Chevy than a Nissan.
The frontier was cheaper then any other truck besides the ranger, and I ain't owning a ranger if ya know what i mean.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #32
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Klown, I'm sending Negative rep your way for talking shit about the Avalanche! I loved my Avalanche. What a smooth ride. I could haul all types of shit in that thing. It was fast and it looked badass. Mine had the cheaper vinyl cover instead of the three piece setup. But most of the time if I had to haul something that was pretty long, I just dropped the mid-gate and left the window in place. That was you could keep out the elements. Oh, it did eat up some gas though...
Old 07-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #33
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
Klown, I'm sending Negative rep your way for talking shit about the Avalanche! I loved my Avalanche. What a smooth ride. I could haul all types of shit in that thing. It was fast and it looked badass. Mine had the cheaper vinyl cover instead of the three piece setup. But most of the time if I had to haul something that was pretty long, I just dropped the mid-gate and left the window in place. That was you could keep out the elements. Oh, it did eat up some gas though...
Well damn, I didn't know you liked the avalanche, in that case I change my mind. The avalanche is a good truck. Sorry for the confusion
Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #34
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
What Chevy did was have some leftover trucks, couldn't get rid of them because the new body style had already been released, so what's America's answer ? snap some plastic on it and give it a new name. It might have been a good riding truck, but as I see it, it was just a 4 door P/U with a leak at the back window.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #35
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
What Chevy did was have some leftover trucks, couldn't get rid of them because the new body style had already been released, so what's America's answer ? snap some plastic on it and give it a new name. It might have been a good riding truck, but as I see it, it was just a 4 door P/U with a leak at the back window.
+1
Old 07-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #36
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Really? The Avalanche was built on the Suburban platform, if I remember correctly.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #37
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
LOL - ok, change of topic.......

Here's your new topic.......Have fun
Old 07-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #38
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really? The Avalanche was built on the Suburban platform, if I remember correctly.
Very possible, I didn't pay that much attention to them, I looked at one at a new car show, briefly, discredited it quickly and moved on. I have a friend at work who has one it thinks it the cats ass, whatever lets you sleep at night.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #39
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
....Oh, it did eat up some gas though...
That's the only real complaint (aside from blind spots) that I have heard about the Avalanche. I just didn't want something that big.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
That's the only real complaint (aside from blind spots) that I have heard about the Avalanche. I just didn't want something that big.
The biggest blind spot is the Tall tail gate. We had a helluva time backing that big sombitch!