Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Nissan and Chrysler in bed together?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan and Chrysler in bed together?

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/14/news...ion=2008041417

looks like Chrysler will be making Nissan's trucks from now on. At least a replacement for the soon to be discontinued Titan. i have heard rumors of Chrysler making all of Nissans trucks in the future. i have too much ADD to read the whole article but you guys feel free to read it and summarize for me
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Dude I'm much too ADD to read your whole post, can somebody summarize what ND's trying to say in 4 words or less?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like they are desperate
Old 07-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
^^^ Dude I'm much too ADD to read your whole post, can somebody summarize what ND's trying to say in 4 words or less?
Never buy Nissan trucks
Old 07-17-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
Never buy Nissan trucks
Thanks for the summary
Old 07-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #6

nd's Tacoma Gallery
i just skimmed the article but here's what i gathered. Nissan will make a small car for Chrysler to sell in the U.S. in return, one of the dodge plants in mexico will make a truck to replace the Titan which is about to be discontinued. for anyone that has actually read the article correct me if i'm wrong but thats what i gathered. i have also heard rumors that nissan will outsource the Frontier to Chrysler as well. this is a bad thing. right now toyota has the small truck market cornered, followed closely by the fronty with the american small trucks trailing way behind. if the fronty turns to shit, then what is the taco gonna be competeing with? competition is good. if the taco has no competition their quality can go way down and there won't be a decent alternative
Old 07-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just skimmed the article but here's what i gathered. Nissan will make a small car for Chrysler to sell in the U.S. in return, one of the dodge plants in mexico will make a truck to replace the Titan which is about to be discontinued. for anyone that has actually read the article correct me if i'm wrong but thats what i gathered. i have also heard rumors that nissan will outsource the Frontier to Chrysler as well. this is a bad thing. right now toyota has the small truck market cornered, followed closely by the fronty with the american small trucks trailing way behind. if the fronty turns to shit, then what is the taco gonna be competeing with? competition is good. if the taco has no competition their quality can go way down and there won't be a decent alternative
Thats about right, i dont know why nissan would make such a stupid move dodge trucks are known to suck ass, bye bye nissan....
Old 07-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #8

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Thats about right, i dont know why nissan would make such a stupid move dodge trucks are known to suck ass, bye bye nissan....
yeah it makes no sense.... they are in a very close second place, and now they are gonna drop down to 5th overnight
Old 07-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #9
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't Mitubitchi (sp) build the Dakota for Chrysler ?
Old 07-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Doesn't Mitubitchi (sp) build the Dakota for Chrysler ?
Nope. Its the other way around.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
Taco969 will become famous soon enoughTaco969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: AFE
Taco969's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan did not do much good with their trucks, with low sales and poor quality in their half tons they were looking to produce a 3/4 ton to try and get into that market as well. Even though they couldnt hang in the half ton market, and now are going to have Chrysler make their vehicles!!! wow wee! haha
Old 07-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #12
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Nope. Its the other way around.
I see
Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #13
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
The Mitsubishi Raider is a Dodge Dakota With a few body modifications. (I don't know how Mitsubishi and Dodge are working that out)
MITSUBISHI RAIDER:

DODGE DAKOTA:
Old 07-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #14
Taco969 will become famous soon enoughTaco969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: AFE
Taco969's Tacoma Gallery
Same with the colorado and the izuzu, but the izuzu is not going to be made anymore.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco969 View Post
Same with the colorado and the izuzu, but the izuzu is not going to be made anymore.
My dad owned an Izuzu TrooperII and it was a great truck.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #16
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
These car companies have been bedpartners forever! I remember the tiny lil '81 Dodge Ram small pickup was built by Mitsubishi. Remember when Ford took over Jaguar? The smaller model-I think the XJ8?- looked like a Taurus with jag bling then ther's the Pontiac Vibe which is a rebadged Toyota Matrix. I assume Nissan will hold its new partner to the quality standards-or will it become a "trust" issue that will kill sales??
Old 07-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
These car companies have been bedpartners forever! I remember the tiny lil '81 Dodge Ram small pickup was built by Mitsubishi. Remember when Ford took over Jaguar? The smaller model-I think the XJ8?- looked like a Taurus with jag bling then ther's the Pontiac Vibe which is a rebadged Toyota Matrix. I assume Nissan will hold its new partner to the quality standards-or will it become a "trust" issue that will kill sales??
I hope so, I agree with ND that competition keeps the edge that we need as a consumer.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #18
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
This actually makes perfect sense for Nissan as the "Chicken Tax" prevents Nissan from making and importing trucks. They are unable to compete with the Tundra, but the Frontier is still a very successful truck. So it will continue to be made.

Nissan and Renault are now bed buddies (more so than that - Nissan now owns Renault), and the engines (Renault = diesel) and small cars that will come from that venture should be incredible. Style, form, function, reliability, and economy will follow suit. Nissan is making a great decision by backing out of the large truck market, and focusing on what they are very good at - passenger cars.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #19
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Quote:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/14/news...ion=2008041417

looks like Chrysler willbemakingNissan'strucksfromnowon.Atleastareplac ementforthesoontobediscontinuedTitan.ihaveheardrum orsofChryslermakingallofNissanstrucksinthefuture.i havetoomuchADDtoreadthewholearticlebutyouguysfeelf reetoreaditandsummarizeforme

Hope that helps.