Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Just bought this "88" Suzuki Samurai !!!!

Old 10-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #22
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
So. I'm not sure which direction I am gonna go now. I would just be happy to get her running again with an engine swap. I havn't heard many good things about this 1.3 liter.
It runs but a wrist pin has come loose and the rod is beatin around in there pretty bad so if it's gonna be a rebuild then i'm definately gonna have to go .20-.40 over.
I would like the 1.6 8 valve if I can find one. I'm just trying to go the easiest way to get it up and running and me wheelin. The rest I will work on throught the winter.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #23
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
check out zukikrawlers.com. very informative site! theres so many different ways you can go. just be ready to spend the time, effort and of corse money hahahaha
Old 10-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #24
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
My friend is selling his..

Bone stock too- to be added on- Has Lift leaf packs, bedlined interior and a new "racing clutch"

They are fun for sure. They are SUPER capable.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #27
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find! craigslist?
Old 10-10-2010, 05:31 AM   #28
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Nice find! craigslist?
No. Actually a friend from work offered it up.
Thx Tri.
I'll look into it Derek. Found a few other sites as well.

Was gonna pull the motor last nite but got sidetracked at an auction. Maybe get around to it this week. It's gonna have to come out regardless if it's gonna get swapped or rebuilt.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #29

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled the engine this weekend. Had a bad crank bearing on the #1
Attached Thumbnails
Just bought this "88" Suzuki Samurai !!!!-dsc00008.jpg   Just bought this "88" Suzuki Samurai !!!!-dsc00027.jpg   Just bought this "88" Suzuki Samurai !!!!-dsc00021.jpg   Just bought this "88" Suzuki Samurai !!!!-dsc00022.jpg   Just bought this "88" Suzuki Samurai !!!!-new-new-samurai-033.jpg  

Old 10-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #30

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
My friend is selling his..

Bone stock too- to be added on- Has Lift leaf packs, bedlined interior and a new "racing clutch"

They are fun for sure. They are SUPER capable.

Is this guy from Auburn, alabama? "Stealth" Seen his pics on the zukiworld webpage.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:22 AM   #31

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is officially FS. $1000.
Bone stock. Finest example of a samurai as you will find.
Motor is out, just drop in whatever you want. 1.3/1.6, 8valve/1.6 16 valve or have the bottom end on this 1.3 rebuilt. #1 bearing is out.
Figure I would offer it here before I put it up on cl, nc4x4 or gulches.
If you are serious about looking/buying you NEED to come look at this sammy!!

Putting it up in the fs section in the morn.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #32
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Tempting, drop a 22r in it and go forever, very tempting..........except for the 1200 mile ride to get it and the 1200 mile tow back home
Old 01-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #35

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post

Thats you spotting isn't it?
no. my left wrist is waaay bigger than that. ;olol
Old 01-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #36
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
You should do the dually mod.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #37
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hows yours coming along, or was that it?
Old 01-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #38
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Is this guy from Auburn, alabama? "Stealth" Seen his pics on the zukiworld webpage.
yea i think its him..hes on ZK also
Old 01-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #39

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
Hows yours coming along, or was that it?
Havn't done anything to mine except pull the motor.
Ran out of patience with it.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #40
Mudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool! That's a killer deal. I actually like the look of it bone stock and in white.