Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Just bought this "88" Suzuki Samurai !!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought this "88" Suzuki Samurai !!!!

Bone stock. No modifications ever. Super clean!! Runs but has a rod knockin.
I am going to go with the 4.3 liter engine swap or the VW diesel swap and this will be my main trail rig. I'm so excited to be starting this project.
And the best part.... I gave $400 for it!!!
I absolutely cant believe this deal fell in my lap. I have been searching forever and a day for a stock strait axle toyota or 4 runner and everyone wants mega $$ for them in this area.
I just couldn't afford what they wanted. So I went with my 2nd choice for a trail rig. She's a beauty!!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
you lucky bastard!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
thats gonna be one of my trail rigs someday , get yourself some Toyota axles and throw em under it with a good 6" of lift and some 35's and your unstoppable
Old 10-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
first order of business...chop that exhaust before it catches on a speed bump!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
757southpaw's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet deal! There's a guy in Va. Beach or Chesapeake, VA that mods the hell out of these Sammy's. He has several of crawlers for sale and I think he may have alot of spare parts!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
WestonJ is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Weston
WestonJ's Tacoma Gallery
congrats man, i love sammies. my friend had one for a few years, we would go off road everyday after school. we only got stuck 2 times, when it was stock. (high centered on a sand dune). Then he lifted it 6 inches and it was unstoppable.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
first order of business...chop that exhaust before it catches on a speed bump!
Lol. his son put a diesal tip on it. It runs but that rod is slappin around in there pretty bad.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i might know a guy who may do whatever you need done...if you dont wanna do it yourself...as far as building it goes...dunno bout the engine work
Old 10-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #9
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
those things are trail ready stock!!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
WestonJ is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Weston
WestonJ's Tacoma Gallery
throw a old toyota 22r engine in that bad boy and call it done. haha jk
Old 10-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #11

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i might know a guy who may do whatever you need done...if you dont wanna do it yourself...as far as building it goes...dunno bout the engine work
Prob gonna do everything myself. Trying to get my parts list ready for the lift, hi steer, toyota axles. Gonna put the 285/75/16 bfg's that are on my pre runner on the zuke and go back to 265/70/16' duratracs on the TRD.

My build time is lookin like 6 months if everything goes as planned. Just kinda rough sketchin everything up at the moment.
If you know or if anyone know where to get good parts for them, holler.
Just looked at the other gentleman who just got a samurai and gonna go that route. Drivable yet very trailable. Nothing to insane.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #12
Przemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Przemek
Przemekmsu's Tacoma Gallery
This thing is so ugly its almost cute!!!!! Good luck with it.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery

Those things are great off road!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
One of these may just become my next quest. I've been wantin somethin to drive that would be worry free on several levels and I keep ending up contemplating one of these. 4x4, simple to work on, convertible, gas saver if not to crazy modded out....yeah, I'm thinkin so. Congrats on your score, have fun widdit.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #16

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Just started it up. Sounds like a coupla midgets in the engine beatin the shit out of it with ball peen hammers. haha, no worries.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #17

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
One of these may just become my next quest. I've been wantin somethin to drive that would be worry free on several levels and I keep ending up contemplating one of these. 4x4, simple to work on, convertible, gas saver if not to crazy modded out....yeah, I'm thinkin so. Congrats on your score, have fun widdit.
and strait axle to boot.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #18
jaykulas is on a distinguished road
jaykulas's Tacoma Gallery
man, everytime I see one of this things all i can think of is SHAIDER.
nice samurai.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #19
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the club!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #20
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find! Thats a steal! Samurais are so much fun, welcome to the club. I have an '88 as well.