cheapest gas price you can remember

Old 08-05-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
mudslingin44 will become famous soon enough

mudslingin44's Tacoma Gallery
cheapest gas price you can remember

what is the lowest price of gas that you can remember? mine was 39 cents
Old 08-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
.93 this was around 96-98.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
I know i might be showin my age, about around 1.20 is what I remember. I always like watching older movies and seeing the gas prices during the movies and reminisce, "Those were the days..." You can almost date movies that way.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #4
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
i remember when i was 18 or so it was .89 cents a gallon where i lived.

if you watch the intro on sopranos, one of the gas stations tony drives by has gas for $1.70 or so.
i believe when i was even youinger my parents were paying 60 cents or so.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
I remember something in the 30 cent range in the 70's.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #6
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'm with you...I was in college when it was around .93. That was somewhere between 1995-1996 when I graduated.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Cheapest consistent gas price I can remember is $1.15, but I remember a dip to $0.99 for one fill-up in college.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
.99 same year range...
Old 08-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
.69 cents, I new there was another reason I liked that number.

.69 cents when I started driving @ 16 in the 80's. I remember one gas station every now and then would put all 3 octanes on sale at .69 cents. I think it was to get rid of old(premium) gas.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
High school. Gas cost what the octane rating was. 87 octane was $0.87. 93 octane was $0.93. I could afford to drive a 1984 Bronco and fill up the 33 gallon tank regularly. *sigh*
Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #11
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm showing my age, but I remember 29 cents. I had a VW bug then and could fill up for under $3.00 and run for 2 weeks.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #12
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
heh, right now 3.60 fills up my scooter and is good for two weeks

and that's five days back and forth to work, with some joyrides in between.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #13
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombot View Post
heh, right now 3.60 fills up my scooter and is good for two weeks

and that's five days back and forth to work, with some joyrides in between.
Damnit. $20 won't fill up my motorcycle and that only lasts me the day, sometimes less.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #14
ED R will become famous soon enough
ED R's Tacoma Gallery
I remember paying 43 cents a gallon for my first 20-gallon fillup. For that tank of gas I had to work an entire DAY- 6 and a half hours at 1.60 an hour, which was minimum wage at the time. By the end of my first year of driving, though, gas had gone up over 70 percent, and by the end of that year I was paying over 70 cents a gallon. This was 1978.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #15
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
.20 cents or so in the late 50's-early 60's
Old 08-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #17
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I remember seeing the gas wars when a station on one side of the street was .32 and the other was .31 out of my fathers station wagon window.

When I started driving it was .49 a gallon. My father would take my car to work all the time so I had a buddy with a 68 'stang. We'd scrape up 5 bucks and cruise all night.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #18
Scavenger

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
can remeber those days, had a 68 bug, for $5 could fill the tank, buy a can of snuff, coke in a bottle and a gob.
Drink the coke take it back in for money and had some change to get another.
This was in PA, Johnstown area.

granpa?... tell us what a 'gob' is..
Old 08-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #19
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
When I turned 16 which was 4 years ago i had a 93 toyota pickup and it cost me $30 so thats roughly $1.50 per gallon now i have a 2001 tacoma with an 18.5 gal. tank and it cost me around $70
Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #20
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombot View Post
granpa?... tell us what a 'gob' is..
Ha...ha....not a granpa yet, but getting up in age. Had children late in life so if do become a grandpa...well lets put it this way, I will be in my mid/late 60's when my girls get out of college.

A gob is a round chocolate cake about the size of a softball, cut in half with frosting in the center. If I can remember correctly they had some guy/kid on the wrapper. And the coke was real coke, (no not the drug kind) it just tasted different from a glass bottle.