LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Top 10 most exp/least exp cars to insure........

Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Top 10 most exp/least exp cars to insure........

Here’s the Top 10 list of the most expensive cars to insure:
1. Acura ZDX
2. Audi TTS
3. Audi A5
4. Cadillac Escalade
5. Chevrolet Corvette
6. BMW Z4
7. Lexus SC 430
8. Jaguar XF
9. Cadillac STS
10. Dodge Challenger

InsWeb also evaluated the opposite end of the spectrum, revealing the cheapest cars to insure – which aren’t necessarily the cheapest cars to buy. Instead, they are vehicles that tend to be driven sedately and are typically inexpensive to repair thanks to both low part costs and wide availability of replacement panels and parts.
1. Kia Sedona
2. Mazda5
3. Ford Escape
4. Hyundai Santa Fe
5. Mercury Mariner
6. Chrysler PT Cruiser
7. Ford Explorer
8. Subaru Outback
9. Kia Optima
10. Chevrolet Equinox
Old 11-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have a 98 SC400...it wasn't too bad on insurance. I'm surprised to see the mazda 5 in the cheap list...it's fun to drive and easy to drive fast.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I'm assuming this excludes exotics.....
Old 11-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
I'm assuming this excludes exotics.....
Unless you think a Bugatti Veyron would be cheaper to insure than an Acura.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
It must be, I mean, who would write off a Bugatti Veyron by driving it into a river off the free way because they weren't paying attention.....

anyone have a link to that video?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE
Old 11-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Well, Acuras do probably get stolen more often

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
It must be, I mean, who would write off a Bugatti Veyron by driving it into a river off the free way because they weren't paying attention.....

I had posted this one a while back on another forum. Not sure if it still works:
http://www.comcast.net/video/1333995..._car_into_lake
Old 11-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
jamon.usu is on a distinguished road
Name: jamon
jamon.usu's Tacoma Gallery
the wall street journal did a related article saying the wrx is the worst car to insure compared to the value of the car.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...766313620.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...766313620.html
Old 11-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
camera guy: look at that dude......thats will be mine one day.
Driver: what is it
camera guy: im pretty sure its a lambo dude

ahahahahahaahahahaa
this made me laugh so f'n hard, i dont kno why, but i still have a lil smile on my face
Old 11-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #10
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
For some reason I thought the Honda Accord would show up on the exp list seeing how they are usually the #1 stolen vehicle.............
Old 12-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
These statistics typically consider "mass produced" vehicles only. Good rule of thumb is 5000+ vehicles sold per year (read this in Motor Trend a few years back). The Land Cruiser falls below the threshold, believe it or not.

I wonder if the stats include just liability insurance (most likely to get into accidents) or full coverage (cost of theft). LOL, maybe the average ZDX driver is just a horrible driver. You really have show a lot of apathy for driving to get into something that ugly.