Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

BONER PRODUCING ENGINE SOUNDS

Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #42
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Holy shit that needs a tune in a bad way...
It's tuned to have a lope idle. It was done on purpose.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #43
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
It's tuned to have a lope idle. It was done on purpose.
Oh okay. It just sounds like it has a big ass cam in it... I don't see its usefulness, but to each his own. I could see where it would draw attention at a stoplight or something though. Possibly dangerous in traffic too?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #44
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
V8s, rotaries, diesels, some 4 bangers and some 6 cylinders sound sweet but...:

Skip to 3:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWLv_A28sU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N29zZFDXuNQ

Skip to :43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytlX7...eature=related
Old 12-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #45
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Oh okay. It just sounds like it has a big ass cam in it... I don't see its usefulness, but to each his own. I could see where it would draw attention at a stoplight or something though. Possibly dangerous in traffic too?
It's only for the sound...it has no other purpose. Hahaha. I think it only changes the RPM's by 100 RPM or so...not enough to cause a problem in traffic.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #46
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
It's only for the sound...it has no other purpose. Hahaha. I think it only changes the RPM's by 100 RPM or so...not enough to cause a problem in traffic.
Only reason I say that is because I could see it jumping forward at every lope... Keep ya damn foot on the brake!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #47
Science!

Quote:
Only reason I say that is because I could see it jumping forward at every lope... Keep ya damn foot on the brake!
Hahaha
Old 12-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #50
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
That lp670 is fucking sexy
Old 12-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #51
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalR View Post
I was there at that Sevenstock, and the 787 is super loud. I had to walk away from where I was standing.

I like the way any built engine sounds, V8's, 4cyl, etc. but, I love the sound of a built rotary. Especially 4 rotors.
I got to sit in a fd RX7 with a built 4 rotor, I hit the pdal a couple times and it seemed like the engine wanted to rev even before I touched the pedal! But the throttle response is just fucking WOW.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #52
Victory is reserved...

A nice sounding Cobra and by far the nicest body model

Listen to the KB S/C scream!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYM1bFiN8X4?fs=1
Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #53
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
A nice sounding Cobra and by far the nicest body model

Listen to the KB S/C scream!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYM1bFiN8X4?fs=1
Fucker is fast...
Old 12-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #54
BlazeTaco is on a distinguished road

BlazeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j43jg9LYKNU?fs=1

I like this one, I have seen this nova in person before too.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:35 PM   #58
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Here are two that come to mind:

Kenne Bell Cobra (real fun starts at 0:30)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87n8jhVO784

Honda HSV-010 GT...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCqY-vAX4EA
Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #59
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
EDIT: Double post. Just noticed that a KB Cobra was already posted too. Oh well.