Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

New CA smog law for 2013

Old 09-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #41
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
im from ca, moved to colorado for better job prospects last year (got laid off from the original job i cruised here for, was getting my rig smogged and saw they needed no exper and will train on their now hiring sign) i know what ca tests are like and its insane, they check EVERYTHING, and thats why the guys who do it there make 20+ / hr, but have to pay for their own training and dont have to deal with anywhere as many of the cars as i did.

I was #1 in colorado for a bit at one point according to mgmt, they base it on how many cars you get thru per hour (we have 14 testing centers in the whole state). My supervisor is still mad that they wont work with me on the medical issue and get me back down there cause they get fines here if they take too long to get the cars done.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #42
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Never made sense to me about the CA visual and sniffer..I remember reading about it in Car Craft or Hot Rod when the mag built a new motor for a first gen Firebird and installed cats on it etc..made it run as clean as brand new car but yet it would fail the visual, go figure.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #43
yumyumtaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Kevin
yumyumtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Never made sense to me about the CA visual and sniffer..I remember reading about it in Car Craft or Hot Rod when the mag built a new motor for a first gen Firebird and installed cats on it etc..made it run as clean as brand new car but yet it would fail the visual, go figure.
Its bc they DON'T CARE about the true emissions... They just care about the money that's paid to them for "pretending" to care...more regulations= more money for pensions..... They have to appeal to the ppl who are willing to stand up and speak out against greedy politicians
Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #44
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

97T's Tacoma Gallery
reason the firebird failed is in california you have to go to the state referee if you put in a different engine than whats in there.

Colorado is similar but it isnt enforced much, here if it passes out the tailpipe, has what the car was supposed to come with, its all good.

We do have the option of sending people to the state here for it, and one day i was driving, saw this pos 95ish civic that got a guy fired (he was cashiering, didnt check to see if the hood was shut, and they were mad cause it failed and smashed off and the hood flew up) ... comes to the lane im driving on, i go get my supervisor and go there is no way in hell im driving this car, it got dominic fired. They then gave an unable to test form and i never saw it again.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #45

Stirrin the pot eh? I love it. I wish everyone stood up like this. Kudos my fellow friends.... Now hope did we get off topic slip bad?
Old 09-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #46
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumtaco View Post
Stirrin the pot eh? I love it. I wish everyone stood up like this. Kudos my fellow friends.... Now hope did we get off topic slip bad?
Loose connections? No. Wouldn't it be a beautiful world if the target was clean air emissions laws and not special interests or pet projects connected to laws that just line the pockets of people that 'pay into the system.'
Old 09-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Loose connections? No. Wouldn't it be a beautiful world if the target was clean air emissions laws and not special interests or pet projects connected to laws that just line the pockets of people that 'pay into the system.'
Haha yes.. I'm on phone.. and keypad is a little messed up
Old 09-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #48
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post

Thats probably the biggest problem with the whole Bill/Law writing process, seems nothing gets passed until theres laundry list of pork$$$$ connected to it which really have nothing to do with the initiative proposed
Old 09-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #49
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumtaco View Post
Its bc they DON'T CARE about the true emissions... They just care about the money that's paid to them for "pretending" to care...more regulations= more money for pensions..... They have to appeal to the ppl who are willing to stand up and speak out against greedy politicians
And the thing is your average bear (who is the majority) doesn't understand that stuff.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #50
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Well, yeah I am & anyone who lives in Ca. that works & pays taxes should be too, theres money & services for everyone except for the poor bastards footing the bill... just reading about how some of the agencies & so called "public servants" cry about having to take a deferrment day here & there because money is tight (keep in mind that state workers have had it too Goddamned good for too Goddamned long) I mean they make better than decent money than those in the private sector, have carteblanc status as for termination, ya gotta really fuck up to get fired, they get automatic cost of living raises & with little to NO out of pocket expense on their part for medical for them & their famiilies the average lazy fuck you see along the road holding a stop/slow sign or leaning on a shovel is right around $50k-$60k a year with benefits... These people wouldn't last a week in the private sector where you have to actually PRODUCE something. Here in San Diego, the SDFD & SDPD often retire making MORE than they did pre retirement, & that crap about them being there for public safety so they should get more falls on deaf ears, they knew damned well what they were getting into for a career, & yes you could say.. "Well stop bitching & work for the state/county/city/etc;"

It's not so easy, when I was a youngman I applied for ALL those & took all the test that pertained to positions desired & actually did well in all of hem.. never heard back from any of them, & i always checked back, ironically the positions would all be filled... with family members, THEIR family members, this is fact , Neptitisim is rampant (it aint even who you Blo, its who you know or related too, I know guys that work for the state & straight up told me that to apply/test with these agencies is a waste of my time because the slots are already filled before hand...

& last thing I'll say is when the civil service workers for whatever agency or position held lives better/has more opportunities/ & retires better than the people that have supported & basically given them their pay checks thru taxes... there is something seriously wrong

done ranting...

isnt this thread about a new smog law?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #51
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i wish my 1981 car was exempt from smog testing..oh well.

my newer stuff, i dont modify anyways.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #53
Resident T100 guy

97T's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same beef as far as the colorado program is concerned as i did in california, colorado is easier to pass but if the car passes out of the tailpipe, why does it matter if someone took off smog equipment? Its supposed to be about emissions.

The best was this 80s chevy truck that came in a while back, no cat, no "veci" so i looked it up in the book we have ... saw it was a 1/2 ton truck and was supposed to have a cat, normally we just fail whatevers missing here and run the test, one of the other guys went to go talk to the owner and she was all suprised cause it passed before with no cat (likely because whoever looked it up before wasnt paying attention and looked up a "heavy duty" chevy of that year and those didnt have cats) ... it would have failed regardless cause it was smoking too.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #54
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
i have the same beef as far as the colorado program is concerned as i did in california, colorado is easier to pass but if the car passes out of the tailpipe, why does it matter if someone took off smog equipment? Its supposed to be about emissions.

The best was this 80s chevy truck that came in a while back, no cat, no "veci" so i looked it up in the book we have ... saw it was a 1/2 ton truck and was supposed to have a cat, normally we just fail whatevers missing here and run the test, one of the other guys went to go talk to the owner and she was all suprised cause it passed before with no cat (likely because whoever looked it up before wasnt paying attention and looked up a "heavy duty" chevy of that year and those didnt have cats) ... it would have failed regardless cause it was smoking too.
Because politicians like money and control. They get both when they pass the underlining laws that make these regulations part of our life. They know better than us and they know whats best for us.