Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Interesting article about the future of trucks

Old 01-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting article about the future of trucks

Anyone else read TTAC?
LINK: The Full Size Future

This is an interesting article - trucks are getting bigger and heavier all the time.
The article talks about Ford a lot, but this applies to all the makes.

What do you guys think about this?
I sometimes wish our Tacos (current generation) were a bit more compact and efficient - but still capable! It seems like there is no such thing as a small truck these days. The current Taco is about the same size as the Tundra was 6 or 8 years ago.

Will $5, $6 and $8 per gallon gasoline bring the small truck back?
Or will gasoline stay reasonably priced enough to keep the big truck around?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It won't get to $8/ gallon. Not anytime in the near future that is.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
It won't get to $8/ gallon. Not anytime in the near future that is.
I think you're right about that.
But - would $5 be much of a surprise?
I think the $5 per gallon price point would be enough to start some pretty radical changes in the truck world - if it was more than a temporary spike and lasted 12 to 18 months.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
as a former ranger based vehicle owner .... ford had it right with that truck!!! the frame hadnt changed since 83, and the overall truck didnt change much since 93, with the dash being pretty much the same since 95.

also my buddy has an 05 tundra and plans to keep it forever, he hates the second gens.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
gpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
gpend5.7sport's Tacoma Gallery
rangers are good little trucks i think tacomas are almost in a league of their own, one of the few complaints about it is that it is too big to be considered a mid size, but most the people down here in texas that i know that own them say that its size is a perk, still acts like a real truck but smaller, i wont deny that my tundra is too damn big though i wish it were the same size as the 06's were but todays design is all, o well i guess ill take it though