Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

miata

Old 08-20-2008, 08:57 PM   #21
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Celica > Miata

And thats not because its a Toyota, I can't stand those Miata things.

I think the last gen of Celica's where badass. I'd gladly drive one. Plus the GTS model has the 2zz with VVTL-I. Can you say lift?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #22
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Get a Miata and boost it. I saw one at a car show that was turbocharged. Combination of boost, a light weight car and rear wheel drive equals a crap ton of fun to mess around in.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #23
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Celica > Miata

And thats not because its a Toyota, I can't stand those Miata things.

I think the last gen of Celica's where badass. I'd gladly drive one.
I agree. But I love the sixth generation models the best. Rally Celicas from the late 90s look so good.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:32 AM   #24
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
what about the MR2. ist gen. i saw a second gen the other day at blockbuster and man it was nice.too, but i like the first gens alittle better.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:39 AM   #25
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
He wants a sporty smaller car?

Mini Cooper S.
yeah probly not in our price range right now. but your right, BMW who makes mini, has a very good reputation for being a nice fun car. and the regular editions with a 1.8L got some pop. about 176 hp i think. the mini s is a litle more faster.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:36 AM   #26
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Get a turbo Pontiac Solstice.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 AM   #27
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking a MINI as well. We have two of them and love them. The second generation MINI's are great daily drivers in my opinion, they hold their value for resale purpose. Hard to go wrong there!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 AM   #28
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
If its important to him to have the convertible, hands down the miata especially if price is a criteria as well. Bang for the buck the MX-5 packs a lot of fun. Plus the miata has a good reliability rating. I have had co-workers that absolutely love theirs & don't get rid of them (which is a good sign.)

Also, as far as the safety ?, definitely without a doubt you must drive more defensively (like having a motorcycle). People in large profile trucks, SUVs, commercial rigs, have trouble picking you up due to the car size. Parking Lots are the absolute worse! It really reminds me of when I drove a bike & all the MSF courses I took has helped me not get crushed! I watch people's front tire if I see they are merging onto the road, not their eyes, because the tire doesn't lie. That is the only thing I can suggest from experience of driving my little convertible (not a miata but photo in my gallery )

Sounds like your dad will has a fun car in his future, cool your helping him too!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:27 AM   #29
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Miata. I'll post some photos from an SCCA Solo 2 event after I get back from the magistrate's. You don't have to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle in PA but you do have to wear eye protection. I had my helmet on and put my visor up to itch my nose. Drove past a cop. Dick. Especially since he was a biker.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #30
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
if his choices are between a celica and a miata, tell him to buy a bicycle. i wouldn't be caught dead behind either one of those cars and neither one can be considered a sports car. i understand its for retirement but tell him to buy something bigger and nicer
Old 08-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #31
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yeah probly not in our price range right now. but your right, BMW who makes mini, has a very good reputation for being a nice fun car. and the regular editions with a 1.8L got some pop. about 176 hp i think. the mini s is a litle more faster.
Yeah, the Cooper S with 170ish HP would be a blast to daily drive. I'd personally stay away from 02 and maybe even 03's as there were a lot of problems with them (02s, might have gone to some 03s.)

The only problem with them is that if you find an 04 MCS with normal miles, it will be like $17k or $18k. I don't know how they keep their value to damn well.

But out of the Miata and Celica, I'd definitely get the Miata. It's the classic feel of a british sports car but a whole hell of a lot more reliable. Oh, and try to get a BRG (brittish racing green) with a tan interior if you can. Best combo IMO.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #32
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Wow, pretty cool! That kinda reminds me of those Austin Healys' that have V8's in 'em... Man, that guy must go through alot of tires with that thing!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #33
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #34
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
S2000?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #35

we thought about it. but he dont want nothin to sporty. i think that the miata would be a good fit for him. he says it reminds him of his 128 fiat he had in the 70s. with the way its geared and everything.