Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

miata

Old 08-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
miata

okay so i know its not a toyota but hear me out. my dad is lookin for a retirement car. preferbly a sports car. and he decided down between a mazda miata and a toyota celica. so if i could get some advice on which to recomend to him. are the trannys good, engine problems that sort of thing.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Tell him, he'll need a sex change if he gets a celica. No offense to you toyota owners... oh wait.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what are celicas for pussys or sumthin?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Not pussies, but generally they are chick cars. I do occasionally see, some fruits that rice em out. Just stick with the miata and drop a chev 350 in that bitch. She'll haul.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #5

well he cant really do that. i wish he could. but ive helped him look and weve found a miata thats within our pricerange and i think towards the first of the year we might get it
Old 08-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. A 350'd miata would be rediculous!

Woohoo 200th post!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #7

yeh but can you imagine the look on some guys face when you pull up to em. and they hear that baby roar. oh yeah congrats on 200
Old 08-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #9

cool. whats the hp like. a 1.8 L?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
go for the miata!! they are a blast to drive....pretty quick, and they weigh nothing!!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:26 PM   #11

yeah i figured it be a good car for him. he just needs it for back and forth driving. but what about safety. his wife doesnt want him in anything unsafe.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #12
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Bitchin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6XdT...eature=related
Old 08-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #13

shit man. im sure youd have to change flywheels and gear ratios and
Old 08-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #14
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
This is a good reason to have a midlife crisis! Buy a miata, drop a 350, no wait, an LS1. And dump a shitload of money into it! Goddamn it would be a fun build
Old 08-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #15
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yeah i figured it be a good car for him. he just needs it for back and forth driving. but what about safety. his wife doesnt want him in anything unsafe.
It is a small car....but most cars are reasonably safe. My buddy never tested his out- but it seemed to be well built which is a fair indication of safety??
Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #16

cool ill let him know tomorrow. thanks guys on the posts.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Screw 'em both!

Get a Corvette!!!

My dad has a Celica. Too cramped in them things. Either that or I'm used to having lots of room in my cars/trucks.

Miata's are cool and there's lots of people around that do stuff with 'em. I go to Autocrosses locally and watch the guys race around the cones. There's always a souped up miata (or several of them) running around the track. I've never seen anyone with a Celica at these events.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Screw 'em both!

Get a Corvette!!!

My dad has a Celica. Too cramped in them things. Either that or I'm used to having lots of room in my cars/trucks.

Miata's are cool and there's lots of people around that do stuff with 'em. I go to Autocrosses locally and watch the guys race around the cones. There's always a souped up miata (or several of them) running around the track. I've never seen anyone with a Celica at these events.
yep....the celicas are cramped as hell....cant really get comfy in one of those.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #19
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
He wants a sporty smaller car?

Mini Cooper S.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #20
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
here we go...

http://www.monstermiata.com/