Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Ever seen your old truck on the road & miss it?

Old 09-13-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Ever seen your old truck on the road & miss it?

Anybody ever see their old truck or car on the road and miss it?

I was walking my dog the other day by one of the long term airport parking lots & saw my old 95 Toyota pickup You know when you know, hey that's my old truck!
I had to go check it out....

This truck was bought new Dec 94 & was one of my favorites. I had sold it to a friend with 180k in 2004 because of a deployment. The friend who bought it traded it in on a Nissan Frontier of all things & apparently someone still has it on the road. Not a pretty site after 13 Vermont winters! I guess the A.R.E. cap & alloys were more valuable somewhere else, but it still had one of my custom seat covers on the driver's side. Anyhow,it was one of those I wish I never sold you moments, but I got over it once I riding in my 2006. Still pretty cool its still ticking even with the rust....

Anybody else ever see a car or truck they wish they never sold again?
Old 09-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Yup. My 84 Toyota pickup. New Hampshire winters (salt big time). Saw it on the dealers lot I traded it into. That little 22R pulled a 1100 pound boat and trailer for 9 years and the only major thing I had to replace was the power steering box.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
My 05 Tacoma, it's sitting in the garage to my right. I'm down at my Dad's house this weekend, so I see it every time I walk thru the garage to go smoke a cigarette.

I also get to see the two mountain bikes I built and gave to him. Of course he never rides them.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah it was like that for our suburban. but i dont miss it. we see it all the time around here. its carolina blue and white. but i love my taco more
Old 09-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My old 96 tacoma suddenly appeared in front of where my husband works. It's been 4 years since I owned it. One day, I went and paid my respects... poor thing looks like shit. Unfortunately, I ended up seeing the owner as he was leaving. We chatted for a bit..... He still loves the truck.
I felt like asking him...then WHY THE HELL don't you take care of it????

It's a red truck and it's faded so badly. Dirty and worn out looking. The underside has signs of leaks & such.

The guy is clueless.... he asked me about replacing the shocks. He thought they were special shocks (cuz it has a mild lift). WTF?? Can't a person get under there and read OLD MAN EMU and a part # and order such shocks on your own? It's not that hard dude....

My husband originally took a picture of it..I should grab it off his phone.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I havn't seen it in some time, but I'm curious if my old Tercel is still on the road. I had it for 7 years, my mom had it for 2 years and then she donated it to a charity with somewhere between 150 and 200k. That was my 1st Toyota and an unstoppable little car.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
over the past 3 years.....i have seen my old ranger, f150, and just this past weekend, i saw my 06 prerunner. its kinda funny seeing them.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:42 AM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Yup. My 84 Toyota pickup. New Hampshire winters (salt big time). Saw it on the dealers lot I traded it into. That little 22R pulled a 1100 pound boat and trailer for 9 years and the only major thing I had to replace was the power steering box.
Those were tough little trucks & agree the salt kills our vehicles. Talk about a buy back, for awhile all I ever saw was toyota's with wooden boxes, that seam in the bed was a kiss of death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
My 05 Tacoma, it's sitting in the garage to my right. I'm down at my Dad's house this weekend, so I see it every time I walk thru the garage to go smoke a cigarette.

I also get to see the two mountain bikes I built and gave to him. Of course he never rides them.
Ouch! I remember you talking about that sale. I'd have to close my eyes or quit smoking. j/k my condolences, but does he let you drive it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yeah it was like that for our suburban. but i dont miss it. we see it all the time around here. its carolina blue and white. but i love my taco more
I have a few I certainly don't miss either..... nissan pathfinder (nuff said), my mom's chevy lumina (she call me with the problems), VW jetta (electronic nightmare)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My old 96 tacoma suddenly appeared in front of where my husband works. It's been 4 years since I owned it. One day, I went and paid my respects... poor thing looks like shit. Unfortunately, I ended up seeing the owner as he was leaving. We chatted for a bit..... He still loves the truck.
I felt like asking him...then WHY THE HELL don't you take care of it????

It's a red truck and it's faded so badly. Dirty and worn out looking. The underside has signs of leaks & such.

The guy is clueless.... he asked me about replacing the shocks. He thought they were special shocks (cuz it has a mild lift). WTF?? Can't a person get under there and read OLD MAN EMU and a part # and order such shocks on your own? It's not that hard dude....

My husband originally took a picture of it..I should grab it off his phone.
That would be tough chatting with a clueless owner, the "friend" I sold mine too hadn't a clue either! Get the pic off the hubby's phone if you can, I gotta see it. I'm going to find one of mine when it didn't look like pic above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I havn't seen it in some time, but I'm curious if my old Tercel is still on the road. I had it for 7 years, my mom had it for 2 years and then she donated it to a charity with somewhere between 150 and 200k. That was my 1st Toyota and an unstoppable little car.
Can't kill those tercels, tough little cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
over the past 3 years.....i have seen my old ranger, f150, and just this past weekend, i saw my 06 prerunner. its kinda funny seeing them.
You have seen the prerunner??? Wonder if they fixed the problem you were having doh! Not your problem now! heh heh ...
Old 09-14-2008, 07:25 AM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I saw my SE-R a few months ago. It felt weird seeing it again.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:30 AM   #10
Robbie will become famous soon enoughRobbie will become famous soon enough

Robbie's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. I had a 87 Nissan Hardbody for ten years. The tranny went among other things and sold it to a auto mechanic for parts. Weeks later I saw it on the road, parked here and there. I became a stalker!
Finally one day it was gone...forever.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
Those were tough little trucks & agree the salt kills our vehicles. Talk about a buy back, for awhile all I ever saw was toyota's with wooden boxes, that seam in the bed was a kiss of death!

You have seen the prerunner??? Wonder if they fixed the problem you were having doh! Not your problem now! heh heh ...
yeah......had just seen the prerunner this past weekend............and not sure if they fixed the problem or not, but the dude looked pretty happy that he had a sweet sounding truck when he took off from the red light!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 05:33 AM   #12
mlcasey is on a distinguished road
mlcasey's Tacoma Gallery
I still see my 98 f150. I find myself missing that truck even though it was a v6 base line. I thought when I traded it in on a mazda 3 4 years ago I would never miss it but i guess its like your first lover you always wonder how they are doing and what would have happened if you were still together
Old 09-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #13
watch the meat
cleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
cleanTRDmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cleanTRDmachine
Haven't seen my 99 taco yet, but it was at the dealer for a while after I got the 06, had to drive past it every day on the way to and from work.

saw my 99 civic in Harrisburg on my fiance and I's 2nd date. I knew it was it because of the drop, exhaust, a little rock dent on the hood and a thread hanging off the driver's seat. the car was beat to hell when I saw it, covered in pollen and the inside was filthy
some emo punk had it, i told him it was my old car, he was just like "yeah? good car, i like it" then got in it with his ugly girlfriend
here it was in it's day...
Old 09-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #14
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery

sometimes yes........... sometimes no
Old 10-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #15
Flip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud ofFlip_Pallot has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: STA Ponce De Leon
Name: Rusty Shackleford
Flip_Pallot's Tacoma Gallery
I see my old truck all the time and I still miss her, damn thing ran real strong. Never should have sold it, probably one of my biggest regrets of my young life. 92 f-150XLT, 5.0 liter 302 C.I.
Attached Thumbnails
Ever seen your old truck on the road & miss it?-camping-12-28-05_008.jpg   Ever seen your old truck on the road & miss it?-img_0149.jpg   Ever seen your old truck on the road & miss it?-dsc00484.jpg