1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust help!

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by StormTrooper, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Mar 15, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    StormTrooper

StormTrooper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Flowmaster Super 44 w/ K&N drop in
    Bed Cap,K&N Air Filter,Chrome Pieces,Flowmaster Exhaust,Neon on inside, Heavy Duty Custom Floormats ( Tacoma ), Tint 20%, Blue license plate lights, Various decals, LED Projector Halos headlights, JVC head unit stereo
    On my 72' mustang (see build) the pipes are 2" wide, i see 2.25" mufflers on Ebay.. will they still be able to fit securely after welding them? I cant see 1/4" makng that much of a difference.. opinions?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Mar 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Bed Cap,K&N Air Filter,Chrome Pieces,Flowmaster Exhaust,Neon on inside, Heavy Duty Custom Floormats ( Tacoma ), Tint 20%, Blue license plate lights, Various decals, LED Projector Halos headlights, JVC head unit stereo
    NVM just thought about it... if a 2" muffler has a flange on it so the end is bigger than 2" so it fits over-top of a 2" pipe, then a 2.25" muffler would have an even BIGGER flange on it causing it to be about .5" bigger than the pipe... god i love being smart :) haha

3. Mar 15, 2011 at 8:15 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Use a pipe expander to stretch the metal on the smaller pipe, but be warned that it will weaken that metal due to it being thinner. You can also use adapters to match em' up. They don't cost more than a few dollars at the auto store. Unless you go stainless then ya gotta put out a lil more.

4. Mar 15, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the advice!

Products Discussed in

To Top