Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Catalytic Convertor Theives

Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Catalytic Convertor Theives

Customer called me saying vehicle "sounded loud" when starting this morning when leaving for work. Customer unsure about driving it so advised to call roadside assistance. Vehicle towed in and walked out to get vehicle info. Started car and yes it was loud. Tech brings car in puts up on a lift and comes to visit me. Low and behold we found the "loud sound". His cats had been cut out. Now I have heard about this but have not seen it. Well here it is in Ft. Walton Beach, Fl. I mean really what the hell has happen to people?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
Customer called me saying vehicle "sounded loud" when starting this morning when leaving for work. Customer unsure about driving it so advised to call roadside assistance. Vehicle towed in and walked out to get vehicle info. Started car and yes it was loud. Tech brings car in puts up on a lift and comes to visit me. Low and behold we found the "loud sound". His cats had been cut out. Now I have heard about this but have not seen it. Well here it is in Ft. Walton Beach, Fl. I mean really what the hell has happen to people?
we have had 5 to 10 a night to get stolen at the dealer i work for...right now the scrap guys will give you 150.00 for an old one.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
A Cat?? seriously??? do you guys both work for dealerships?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Gotta love how the scrap guys don't ask for documentation.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
when i take an old convertor off,i keep it.when the scrap guy comes around he gives me whatever the going rate is,right now its very high....
Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Service mgr for VW/Subaru/Kia
Old 03-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
goodri28 is on a distinguished road
Name: LG
goodri28's Tacoma Gallery
Happened to me

Same thing happened to my truck; someone cut the cat-converter out and left everything else intact. Mechanic said the platinum in the cat was worth about $100. Unfortunately it cost a lot more to replace with labor...faster to hack out than properly install I guess. Happened 2 years ago and my blood still boils thinking about it.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
yup, very popular crime for older (89-04) taco/runner. Easy to reach/cut and high scrap sales price.

They stole mine from a commuter lot. Bastards cut it outside the flanges...means I needed down pipe and midpipe on my 95. Sold truck as is and went looking for a 2wd nissan...later that day found a sweet deal on 00 taco and bought both, nissan for commuter lot only...taco otherwise.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #9
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Customer may be able to have repairs paid for by insurance if they still carry full coverage on the truck.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
I just recently sold a jaguar parts car and made sure to cut the 2 cats off before I gave the guy the car. I posted it on ebay and got $200 for them! I bought the car for $200 and sold it to the guy for $750!! Best deal I have ever made! Not to mention the $1k in parts I got from it......ok I need to stop bragging!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #12
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
My neighbor parks next to me in our complex and someone stole the cat from his Landcruiser, and not mine. weird because mine would be easier since my truck is lifted. i hope i didn't jinx myself.