Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

VW Pickup Truck

Old 10-16-2008, 05:26 AM   #22
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
Jesus, it looks like a Ridgeline.
That's what I thought too. Actually better looking than a Ridgeline.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #23
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Anthony999's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grivera View Post
That's what I thought too. Actually better looking than a Ridgeline.
Ya, I would much rather have that than a ridgeline.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #24
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Open your eyes folks...........it only looks slightly better than a ridgeline. It would make you the more masculine one in a man/man relationship.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #25
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
yeah, buts lets say toyota substitutes the taco for the a-bat? what would you do?
Go find my Chevy that I sold to some kid a bunch of years ago and beat him over the head to get it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Open your eyes folks...........it only looks slightly better than a ridgeline. It would make you the more masculine one in a man/man relationship.
LMAO!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #26
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
looks kinda like a mix between a tacoma double cab, and a ridgeline....sort of anyway.
I was thinking ridgeline too when I saw it.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #27
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
What's that YMCA cop hat on top of it? The front reminds of a friend's old toureag, the back, an avalanche? Never would I trade my Tacoma for one. Never.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #28
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i like it,not bad for a vw.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #29
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Looks cool..... The blue lights ontop are sweet looking!!!

Never take it over my taco
Old 10-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #30
johnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to behold
johnny12345's Tacoma Gallery
The production truck would be toned down alot I'm sure. Lose the the avalanche looking struts on the back and it would probably look alright. As far as VW goes, they make a pretty dam nice car I can tell you that much. Poor reliability is a thing of the past IMO, this coming from a current VW owner and previous owner many things VW. Thier new signature engine, the 2.0l turbo is pretty sweet. A $500 re-flash of the ECU you get almost 50hp and 80 flbs of torque. Thats big bang for your buck. With a re-flash and bolt ons such as down pipe and exhaust you can come just shy of 300hp and 300flbs of torque and do 1/4 mile passes all day long.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #31
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
thats the smallest 5' bed ive ever seen.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #32
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
This pickup is not geared for the US market. As a matter of fact, VW's plans to enter in the US pickup market have been back burnered yet again. The same is true of the VW Tiguan TDI, Tundra 4.5L D4D Turbo Diesel, the F150 4.4L Turbo Diesel, and the GM 1500 4.5L Turbo Diesel.

That's too bad - VW makes decent vehicles now, but their TDI engines are incredible (see my signature). Unfortunately, without competition like the F150 diesel and the Tundra Diesel or (Please, God) a Tacoma Diesel, VW will never bring a diesel pickup to the United States. The concept you see in the first post is a concept for show. The actual production truck will look much more like this...

Old 10-20-2008, 04:54 AM   #33
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
This pickup is not geared for the US market. As a matter of fact, VW's plans to enter in the US pickup market have been back burnered yet again. The same is true of the VW Tiguan TDI, Tundra 4.5L D4D Turbo Diesel, the F150 4.4L Turbo Diesel, and the GM 1500 4.5L Turbo Diesel.

That's too bad - VW makes decent vehicles now, but their TDI engines are incredible (see my signature). Unfortunately, without competition like the F150 diesel and the Tundra Diesel or (Please, God) a Tacoma Diesel, VW will never bring a diesel pickup to the United States. The concept you see in the first post is a concept for show. The actual production truck will look much more like this...

That version actually looks more like a Frontier.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:07 AM   #34
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny12345 View Post
The production truck would be toned down alot I'm sure. Lose the the avalanche looking struts on the back and it would probably look alright. As far as VW goes, they make a pretty dam nice car I can tell you that much. Poor reliability is a thing of the past IMO, this coming from a current VW owner and previous owner many things VW. Thier new signature engine, the 2.0l turbo is pretty sweet. A $500 re-flash of the ECU you get almost 50hp and 80 flbs of torque. Thats big bang for your buck. With a re-flash and bolt ons such as down pipe and exhaust you can come just shy of 300hp and 300flbs of torque and do 1/4 mile passes all day long.
VWs def have the tuning potential. But they are FWD.

Decent looking concept. Needs manned up a little. TDI would be awesome in a 4 door small truck if they would put a 6' box on it. Neat storage concept.

What's got me excited are those Jeep Brute kits!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #35
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taconinja View Post
VWs def have the tuning potential. But they are FWD.

Decent looking concept. Needs manned up a little. TDI would be awesome in a 4 door small truck if they would put a 6' box on it. Neat storage concept.

What's got me excited are those Jeep Brute kits!
Only the A platforms are FWD (Golf, Jetta, Rabbit, GTI, GLI) as well as the Tiguan (non-4WD), Eos, and the Beetle. The Passat, Passat CC, Phaeton, and the Touareg are all RWD if not AWD (4Motion).

The concept is a poor marketing tool for the US masses, but it isn't geared towards the US - rather Europe.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #36
I dub thee malicious!

Besides - the brute kit is still a Chrysler (old-DCX based) engine.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #37
Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job
Choco Taco is on a distinguished road

Choco Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i'd buy one
Old 10-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #38
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
It could use some work, but it's not a bad concept.
x1, now put some serious Horses in there and we've got a winner.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #39
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
Jesus, it looks like a Ridgeline.
I thought the same thing.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #40
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Only the A platforms are FWD (Golf, Jetta, Rabbit, GTI, GLI) as well as the Tiguan (non-4WD), Eos, and the Beetle. The Passat, Passat CC, Phaeton, and the Touareg are all RWD if not AWD (4Motion).

The concept is a poor marketing tool for the US masses, but it isn't geared towards the US - rather Europe.
You mean they're all front-wheel drive? passat's aren't rwd.