Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Rav4 Fastest Toyota off the production line??

Old 04-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Rav4 Fastest Toyota off the production line??

My grandparents just got a now 2011 Rav4 and said that when talking to the dealer they said that the V6 rav4 is the fastest stock vehicle toyota makes right now. Faster than the celicas and XR's, due to engine size and weight.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Never drivin one, but the Venza is really fast also.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It might be. 0-60 takes 6.4 seconds. 1/4 goes by in 14.8 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gLCA_BhgO4
Old 04-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
i always thought of the Rav4's as a joke to toyota.
never liked anything about them, and one was being that they had no power. but could be proven wrong now.

but ex. my friend had i think a 98 rav and to go up a hill he always had to make sure the AC was off and nothing else was using power or else it would only barely make it up haha
Old 04-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
It could be the fastest in the world but it still will be a rav4.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I like the new Rav 4's , they do really well in the snow .
Old 04-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I like the new Rav 4's , they do really well in the snow .
Like them enough to pay $30k us dollars???? I didnt think so.shit is so over priced
Old 04-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
note to self, do not race rav 4s til i'm boosted
Old 04-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
i like rav4's almost got one when looking at the taco. used, their prices are not bad and they're comfortable/big/fast enough to satisfy my needs. the taco is so much cooler though haha it swayed my decision
Old 04-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Like them enough to pay $30k us dollars???? I didnt think so.shit is so over priced
They are more than that up mya
Old 04-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
makes me think what gadget "superwerty" could do with one of these...?
Old 04-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I especially like the vision limiting hood scoop on the Rav 4
Old 04-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I especially like the vision limiting hood scoop on the Rav 4
It limits vision when doing 0-60 runs.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
What's a Celica have to do with anything if you're saying it's the fastest vehicle they make right now they haven't made Celicas in several years. Also I think a Camry V6 is faster.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #15
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
What's a Celica have to do with anything if you're saying it's the fastest vehicle they make right now they haven't made Celicas in several years. Also I think a Camry V6 is faster.
Although the celica isnt in production this year, its Toyota's feature "sports" car, so I would assume that those would be the fastest.
so i guess it doesnt have to do with anything
Old 04-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #16
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
and yeah i second the camry. my sister has an 07 and that thing will fly.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #17
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
pretty sure the TT supra would have beat the celica....and the rav 4 at that. 14.7 outa the rav 4 is impressive though. I think thats what a 2wd tundra is supposed to do though.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #18
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Well, since they don't MAKE the Celica anymore, and Toyota also stopped production of the MR-2 in 2005, I might believe it. I'm assuming he's disregarding the Scion tC.

It's pretty sad how Toyota has completely dropped out of the sports car market.

That being said...is the Rav4 still faster than the Corolla S? That would be REALLY sad.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
Banned
I think the Camry is slower.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #20
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
My wife has a Rav4 and loves it. I have driven it and it is not a bad vehicle. Performs quite nicely.