Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

China suspends Jeep Wrangler imports over fire concern

Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
China suspends Jeep Wrangler imports over fire concern

You know it's bad when even the Chinese think your product is unsafe...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/busines...t_12298130.htm

China suspends Jeep Wrangler imports over safety concern
Updated: 2011-04-09 13:50

BEIJING - China's top product quality watchdog said on Friday that the country would suspend imports of Jeep Wrangler vehicles because of a serious potential safety hazard.

Consumers in China have reported several cases of imported Jeep Wranglers catching fire. Investigations found that the fires were the result of a problem in the vehicles' automatic transmission and related systems, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) said in a statement on its website.

The administration did not mention whether these incidents resulted in casualties.

The AQSIQ urged Chrysler, the vehicle's manufacturer, to determine the cause of the problems and solve them. "Before that, the manufacturer and importers should take precautionary measures for the vehicles involved to ensure consumers' safety," it said.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Machete Eddie will become famous soon enough

Name: Eddie
Machete Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
Jeep Wrangler

When I had my 2008 I read a few stories on the forum of people that had the Automatic transmission over heat and come back out the tube stick onto the exhaust and cause a fire.