Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What's your commute like?

Old 04-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
zuckdan is on a distinguished road
zuckdan's Tacoma Gallery
What's your commute like?

Both my wife and I commute about 8 miles on a twisty back road and deal with only one traffic light. I don't really live out in the middle of nowhere, so we consider ourselves very lucky. How is your commute? Shorter than mine? Way longer than mine? Not really interested in all of you who commute from the kitchen into your den and work on the computer...Driving commutes.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is 7.5 miles one way, and I'm able to avoid the freeway which is nice. Work from home every Friday, so that saves a bit there too...
Old 04-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
zuckdan is on a distinguished road
zuckdan's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! I live in evergreen so I know how long that drive is. Right through Denver twice every day. Can't even imagine. Pricey too.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
FL370
CptnG is on a distinguished road
CptnG's Tacoma Gallery
I drive 32 miles, mostly highway, to the airport. Go through security. Hope there is an open seat on a plane to somewhere like Chicago, Memphis, Detroit, or Atlanta. Land at whatever airport. Then hope there is a seat on another plane to Milwaukee. Land in Milwaukee, sit around for a few hours, then fly airplanes for three or four days.

It takes at least five hours. I do this once a week, and it's the same deal in reverse to get home.....
Old 04-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I drive 12 miles each way to work at the hospital, and 6 miles each way to go to the fire department so I consider my self lucky.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
38 miles of california traffic. someday, i'm gonna snap. my morning commute is decent, coming home..i want weapons on my truck.

lucky i drive a company vehicle, so tolls and fuel dont come out of pocket. could be worse.

my next project will be a brutal bike ride away.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I've lucked out with the commutes so far. My first job out of college was only a few blocks away. My current commute is only about 6 miles or so one way all highway. So it's not bad at all. I had been looking at a job before I got my current one that would have required a 45 min commute one way. Probably would have bought a beater commuter car just to keep miles off the Tacoma.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Mines about 6 miles...round trip

All freeway
Old 04-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
25 miles each way heading into Boston. Morning commute isn't bad because I'm up and out before most people are even thinking about waking up. Coming home sucks because I'm on the road with everyone else leaving work. Takes about 40 minutes going in and 1-2 hours coming home depending on if some dipshit causes an accident or the Sox game is getting let out.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
7 miles, a 3 way stop light and a regular stop light. Never traffic, 10-12 minutes (slow speed limits).
Old 04-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
chugchug is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
chugchug's Tacoma Gallery
Mine sucks I get turn it on drive 11/2 mile away with one light. When it is cold out it doesn't blow warm until I am backing into my spot at work. I waste more gas that way.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
6 miles one way. But with California traffic and the high density work force in the area it takes me about 30 minutes from driveway to parking spot.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #15
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
PCH cruiser

work in Laguna Beach- where the women are hot and the beer at its coldest 20 miles each way. please don't hate me
Old 04-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #16
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
5 miles each way. Usually takes me about 10-12 minutes. I feel pretty fortunate.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
37 miles one way which takes an hour. Good old San Diego traffic.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #18
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
5 miles to school. 0.5 miles to local ponds. 5.5 miles home
Old 04-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #19
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
LA traffic

I do this sometimes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlzoL-wQwio
Old 04-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #20
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
It takes 5-10 minutes for the Tacoma to bring me to the "Mack Office",then I get to "play" in traffic all day...

LIFE IS GOOD and the pays not bad either......