Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Subaru?

Old 09-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #21
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate everyones input so far. Keep it coming. My wife and I checked out the one I linked today. We didn't buy it, there were too many red flags. I almost didn't bother to even test drive it, but figured after a 1 1/2 hour drive to see it, it was the least I could do. I still can't get over how comfortable it was. The seat just seemed to envelope me with support in all the right places. Sight lines were good ( I feel like I'm driving blind in our CRV). Unfortunately, that car was a rental from NJ and some body panels on the rear driver's side didn't seem to fit together quite right. Although the dealer claimed it hadn't been wrecked, I had to pass. I am set on the Legacy now, though, so my search will continue.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #22
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
cool mon...post pics when you get it... g/l
Old 10-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #23
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered a Forester? The new ones are pretty sweet but I'm biased 'cause I have one.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #24
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
This is the 09 Forester, not mine but what I have:
Attached Thumbnails
Subaru?-112_0712_10-2009_subaru_forester-blue_front_three_quarter.jpg   Subaru?-112_0712_08-2009_subaru_forester-blue_rear.jpg   Subaru?-112_0712_01-2009_subaru_forester-cargo.jpg   Subaru?-profilems3.jpg  
Old 10-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #25
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
T4L My wife has had a Legacy sedan since 2001 ( bought new ) and I have to admit it's the best car I've ever seen. It has gone through the worst snow storms, and driven all over the northeast. 100,000 + miles and it just rolls on. I can't say enough about them, pull the trigger, you won't be sorry, pm me if you need details.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #26
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
My wife has a Impreza Outback Sport wiht 110k+ miles on it. It's basically the smaller version of the Outback... It's not a bad car, but she's had her share of mechanical issues lately.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #27
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll let you know when something changes. I'm pretty set on getting one now, but I have yet to have recieved a fair offer for my CRV. I don't want another wagon or SUV, so the B9, Forrester, and Legacy Wagon are out. I think the imprezza will be too small.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #28
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I'll let you know when something changes. I'm pretty set on getting one now, but I have yet to have recieved a fair offer for my CRV. I don't want another wagon or SUV, so the B9, Forrester, and Legacy Wagon are out. I think the imprezza will be too small.
Are you looking at an older Imprezza? The new one looks like it has a fair amount of room inside.

Don't count out the Fozzie. Plenty of pep from the standard motor, all wheel drive, enormous amount of room inside, huge sunroof, and bullet-proof(so far). I've surprised quite a few people from taking off at a light. All wheel drive gets you going pretty quick.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #29

Found one. Negotiations have begun. Should know tomorrow if I'm getting it or not.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #30
shootermcgavinyo is on a distinguished road
shootermcgavinyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub85 View Post
I suggest checking out www.nasioc.com
Great forum!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #31

I joined this one. http://www.legacygt.com/
A lot of racers on there, but some good info.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #32
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
My 94 Legacy Wagon was bomb proof and handled the mountains like a billy goat after a can of powerthirst.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #33
r12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant future
r12rex's Tacoma Gallery
I own an 06 STi. Absolutely love it...

You won't be making a bad decision!!!

Kind Regards,
Ryan
Old 10-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #34

Here is the one I'm working on.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #35
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Here is the one I'm working on.
Very nice!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #36
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
good luck with the deal...nice
Old 10-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #37

Got it. This car kicks the ass of the CRV in every possible way, except cargo room. I'll get over that real quick. I told my wife "since I don't need a ladder, I won't bitch about washing your car so much". She gave me that look, then said, "we both know it's not my car".........

Old 10-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #38
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Subbie Fan

My previous 4 vehicles were Subarus.
  • 2001 Forester S (put 50k mi on it, loved it)
  • 2000 Impreza L coupe (less practical, fun)
  • 1999 Brighton wagon (practical, spartan)
  • 1996 Legacy L wagon (practical, options)
I never hesitate in recommending Subaru when (and this happens often) people come to me for advice on cars. They are usually the first on my list for anyone living in SW PA or anywhere that gets snow. I've done auto body repair and restoration for almost a decade now and am thoroughly impressed with the build quality of these vehicles. As mentioned, they are not the most fuel efficient vehicles out there. However when you consider that they run a full-time AWD system, 28-30mpg highway is respectable. They are one of the best cars for your money right now - especially with the offers on the previous body style Imprezas and the Legacy 2.5i is the best deal out there (IMHO). They are fun to drive, no BMW, but asymmetrical AWD, ABS, a manual and independent suspesnion makes it the best choice for a winter/all conditions vehicle. My only gripe ever was all that utility put me in an off-road mindset and I found myself wishing for more ground clearance. Recognizing the fact that what the Subarus lacked was what contributed to me liking them for what they were, a great car, I bought a truck. I was a ski instructor thru college (5 years) and drove one to work everyday, in the worst of it. That's when I needed to be there most. I never had any major problems with any of them. None. They ran all day everyday. Combined I put over 90k mi on them in the past 5 years. I even towed our bass boat with the Forester (receiver hitch, sport clutch and brakes added). I've always done my own routine maintenance on them and they are well thought out and user friendly. You don't even need to put the car up on stands to change the oil. The seats don't break down and practicality and utility are paramount in design and execution. The Subaru owners community is also one of the greatest out there. We are hikers, bikers, skiers, boarders, campers... you name it and you can get the gear at REI we do it.

I've always wanted a 2.5GT in alpine white. I would throw in Cobb Stage 2 tuning with AccessPort, Tein Electronic coilovers, STi wheels and some good all seasons.

I have friends with both WRXs and STis and they are even more fun. Less fuel efficient, but gobs of fun.

Good Luck with your purchase and shoot me a PM if you want any more info!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #39

The Tacoma is gonna be mad. Now it's gonna have to share my love!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #40
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Baierl huh? My mom got a forester from them over the summer. The guy that she dealt with was pretty easy going and cut a deal that my mom was satisfied with. As far as I know the Forester is still going strong too.

Oh, and I live about 10 minutes away from that dealership (assuming you got it at the subaru dealer)