Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone have a Jeep Compass or Patriot

Old 04-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a Jeep Compass or Patriot

So, the wife is looking for a new vehicle. The Subaru WRX is not fulfillng her needs of carring the carseat, stroller, other baby needs and a passenger. We have different lists of vehicles that would be appropriate.

My list:
1. 2011 Toyota 4-Runner (the only one that I am seriously interested in)
2. 2011 Jeep Compass (great gas mileage)

Her list:
1. 2011 Jeep Patriot
2. 2011 Jeep Compass
3. 2011 Toyota 4-Runner

We only have one kid (4 months old). Her Suby payment is $550/month. We could finance the 4-Runner (SR5) for 60 months and get approximately the same payment. The Compass/Patriot would be financed for 36 months with a payment of around $475. She is really concerned about gas mileage and leaning toward one of the Jeeps.

So, does anyone have any dealings with the Patriot or Compass? Pros/Cons of each. Bad comments about Jeeps or rumors are also accepted.

Thanks guys/girls
Old 04-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Not one of your choices but i drove my neighbors brand new RAV-4. Dear lord that thing is like a go-cart and gets good mpg's.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Go for a Highlander/RAV4. The Jeeps aren't nearly as reliable.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
My step dad has had an 06' Rav 4 since new and he still loves the thing.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
Speaking from experience for the Heeps? The Highlander is just as expensive as a 4-Runner I think, so I would push her for the runner. Never have been a big fan of the Rav4. Never ridden in one, just speaking from the looks stand point.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Rav-4 or CRV.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
The only experience I've had with the Patriot was a rental. I really didn't like it. No particular reason, just didn't feel all that solid to me. I've had a couple of Rav4's for rentals and like them. When my wife's 4Runner needs replacing, we are going to get a Rav.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
The only experience I've had with the Patriot was a rental. I really didn't like it. No particular reason, just didn't feel all that solid to me. I've had a couple of Rav4's for rentals and like them. When my wife's 4Runner needs replacing, we are going to get a Rav.
I will pass this info on the the "boss." Thanks for the replys guys.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Rav4 is a small SUV. Equivalents would be like the Ford Escape, Honda CRV, and Jeep Liberty. The Venza is a crossover, which would be in the same class as the Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Subaru Forrester, and GMC Terrain.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport11 View Post
I will pass this info on the the "boss." Thanks for the replys guys.
at least we know who wears the pants
Old 04-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #11
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
at least we know who wears the pants
She's my sugar momma. For the past 16 months, she has been going to school to get a master's degree and working part-time. She has since graduated and working full-time again. So starting next month, I am working part-time and watching the baby. Then hopefully Aug 2012, I will start working toward my master's degree. So yes, she definitely wears the pants.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport11 View Post
She's my sugar momma. For the past 16 months, she has been going to school to get a master's degree and working part-time. She has since graduated and working full-time again. So starting next month, I am working part-time and watching the baby. Then hopefully Aug 2012, I will start working toward my master's degree. So yes, she definitely wears the pants.

Skip the Jeeps. Unreliable. Why not go in style and get a couple year old RX350?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #13
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
I sadly agree to stay away from Jeeps. Had many (Cherokees/Wranglers) growing up, and just got rid of my 1999 Wrangler, which was a ball to own, but was often in for repair. Two (Wrangler/Liberty) are on Forbe's worst cars list this year. Buy one if you have money to spend on repair, otherwise wait until Fiat changes production quality. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
if you want good gas mileage, stick with the 2GR vehicles. 4Runner is a 1GR like our trucks, but with dual VVTI, but still sucks with MPG. RAV4 or highland will be your best bet for carrying shit and having good gas mileage. Venza is baller, stock 20s
Old 04-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #16
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
Agreed on the Highlander... just big enough, not too big. Really nice looking vehicle as well. Personally, I wouldn't begin to touch a Jeep due to reliability issues.

I'd love to have a 4 door wrangler (heck, my buddy owns a Jeep dealership), but no way I'm touching one.

What about the Subaru Forester?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #17
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
What about the Subaru Forester?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
My wife has a 2009 the thing has had more water leaks
stay away theres something on is that was never sealed
i opened the door after a rian it had more water then boyds
trunk had in it .......... jk about that
not the leaks tho ........stay away
it also has no power
Old 04-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #19
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
i just don't get you west coast peoples obsession with subaru's. but everyone is entitled to their opinion. . . .and OP, just don't get a Jeep. i had one, i hated it. it broke down all the time. that very mindset is something they are working really really hard at chrysler to overcome, but they havent won me back yet. stick to toyota.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
We test drove the compass and patriot for my wife, and both drive like a tin shit box.

they feel very cheap, and "tinny"....