LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Forbes's WORST Cars on the road 2011

Old 04-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Forbes's WORST Cars on the road 2011

Wow... included on the list...

Dodge Dakota
Jeep Wranger Unlimited
Chevy Colorado
Jeep Liberty & Liberty Sport
Nissan Titan

Article - http://www.forbes.com/2011/04/13/mer...orst-cars.html

Slideshow - http://www.forbes.com/2011/04/13/mer...ars_slide.html
Old 04-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I read that earlier too. Dodge and Chevy fail...
Old 04-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
surprised to see nissan titan on that list.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest I would not expect to see the titan and wrangler.

Chevy colorado have always sucked in my opinion
Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #6
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal4banger View Post
To be honest I would not expect to see the titan and wrangler.

Chevy colorado have always sucked in my opinion
well, not just quality and safety were part of the survey. Also VALUE...

The wrangler is riddled with nitnoid little problems. Death wobble, u joints taking out oil pans.. or was it trans pan.. trans pan probably. Electronic issues. The engine seems good. But it's also a safety issue, gets horrible gas mileage. etc. Its not strictly a road car, so it is not a great "car" value.

The titan, I don't know much more than they cost way too much, and are way too big looking. The GM, when I shopped my tacoma I stopped by the GMC dealer. Everything on the lot was over 40000 dollars. Gas mileage wasn't too bad considering the HP and size of the things. Seems like Denali like accouterment is the new SL package. Way to spendy. I have to say since the 5.3 came out though, i haven't heard of any problems with them. They're all automatics, and trucks, so there's probably a good deal of burned up transmissions, like there always used to be (4l60e is NOT a truck transmission GM!)

But.. yea, comes down to value. Tacoma is killing the initial quality and some other bad things, but at least you can get one for about 20k.. I drove off with my 4x4 extended cab sport(only) for just a little under msrp at 26. sure it's on it's second engine and has yet to hit 8000 miles and gets the same gas mileage as my buddy's suburban but it's paid for.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:57 AM   #7
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Escalade was on there, but I still wouldn't mind owning one!!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:08 AM   #8
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

they still make the escalade? WOW.. Must be a bunch of chassis left over in some plant somewhere. That craze is WAY over.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 AM   #9
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
well, not just quality and safety were part of the survey. Also VALUE...

The wrangler is riddled with nitnoid little problems. Death wobble, u joints taking out oil pans.. or was it trans pan.. trans pan probably. Electronic issues. The engine seems good. But it's also a safety issue, gets horrible gas mileage. etc. Its not strictly a road car, so it is not a great "car" value.

The titan, I don't know much more than they cost way too much, and are way too big looking. The GM, when I shopped my tacoma I stopped by the GMC dealer. Everything on the lot was over 40000 dollars. Gas mileage wasn't too bad considering the HP and size of the things. Seems like Denali like accouterment is the new SL package. Way to spendy. I have to say since the 5.3 came out though, i haven't heard of any problems with them. They're all automatics, and trucks, so there's probably a good deal of burned up transmissions, like there always used to be (4l60e is NOT a truck transmission GM!)

But.. yea, comes down to value. Tacoma is killing the initial quality and some other bad things, but at least you can get one for about 20k.. I drove off with my 4x4 extended cab sport(only) for just a little under msrp at 26. sure it's on it's second engine and has yet to hit 8000 miles and gets the same gas mileage as my buddy's suburban but it's paid for.
lets not forget the 4 door wranglers killing rear disks every like 15k miles if that
Old 04-25-2011, 02:44 AM   #10
Me l've got brains.

yea, I hang out/help out with the local (next door) jeep club. They have a LOT of failures, but they're barely running any MOPAR parts anymore. Mostly due to breakage. Noticed today, after just breaking (bending badly) both rear axle shafts, neighbor jeep has no front axle shafts in it currently. But like I said, out of all the things they break, their engines all are not giving them any problems (jinx for them). I've watched my neighbor put on 2 full sets of brakes in 15000 miles or so. But like I said, not stock AT ALL anymore. Not even road worthy, despite what they all say.

To get rid of death wobble (and they all had it) they all went with a PSC hydraulic ram steering system and 4 link.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:54 AM   #11
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
well dodge should never be allowed near the braking systems of vehicles. on the 4 door wranglers it keeps a little bit of brake applied so you just chew through your rotors and pads. seen the same thing happen on a 97 dodge van, it would eat pads and rotors every year or so. Turns out that happened to a lot of them and now it happens to rears on the JK.

dodge shouldn't be allowed near suspension systems either for that matter, balljoints flying off murdering thousands
Old 04-25-2011, 03:12 AM   #12
Me l've got brains.

oh yea, ball joints. forgot about those. Yea... those unlimiteds are kind of junk. But what else you gunna get? Mercedes G? They still make Defenders?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:27 AM   #13
Drop it Drop it Low

Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
oh yea, ball joints. forgot about those. Yea... those unlimiteds are kind of junk. But what else you gunna get? Mercedes G? They still make Defenders?
option C, keep my 04 taco until it falls apart or is ruined by some asshole crashing into me with some sort of inferior dodge pos