LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Darker chrome..?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Darker chrome..?

I like color matched grills on most trucks but mine is red and I actually prefer the chrome to break up the lines.. I want to keep my badges and grill but the chrome is a little bright. (i know it sounds dumb ha like saying the chrome is too chrome) so has anyone ever seen a darker chrome? like either swapping the peices out or know of a way to tint it?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
like a smoked chrome?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superx2 View Post
like a smoked chrome?
yeah, exactly.. i don't think the word chrome would apply anymore if its darker ha but less silver more black of chrome.. if that makes any sense at all
Old 05-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery

like that?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #5

Exactly. very nice! any ideas anyone?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/shadow/

maybe this stuff? i feel like i have seen this at autozone. i dont know what you guys have in SD but im sure if you go to an auto store you will be able to find something along those lines
Old 05-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Never tried it...but check this out.

http://duplicolor.com/projects/project/shadow/
Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post

maybe this stuff? i feel like i have seen this at autozone. i dont know what you guys have in SD but im sure if you go to an auto store you will be able to find something along those lines
i was actually at autozone like three hours ago buuuut idk if they have that there, i will look again after work tmrw
Old 05-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #9

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
goodluck man! if they dont have that maybe like one or two coats of candy black? im not really sure but i bet they will have something close
Old 05-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post

Musta posted it while I was looking for mine. Lol.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #11

Quote:

The video helped, thanks! I'm going to try it on my badges first, if that works, grill, if that works. mayyybe bumper? ha i tend to get carried away with these projects, i have to check myslef. THANKS AGAIN GUYS
Old 05-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #12

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Musta posted it while I was looking for mine. Lol.
haha just backin each other up
Old 05-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
There's a finish called "Knight Chrome" that's darker than regular chrome.

I had some knight chrome rims on my old Subie.