Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Not a Fan of the Ecoboost Sound

Old 05-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Not a Fan of the Ecoboost Sound

http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/tru...011f150V6.html

Sound like poop.

**Window will shrink**
Old 05-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
maybe my laptop speakers at work sucks but they kinda sound like our trucks?
Old 05-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
maybe my laptop speakers at work sucks but they kinda sound like our trucks?
You need new real speakers.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
Canadian144 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Canadian144's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah sounds pretty bad. A Tacoma with a TRD exhaust sounds much much meaner... trust me, I know
Old 05-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
meh. it's obviously not going to sound like a v8, that's not what it is.
did you expect much more?
Old 05-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
guy i work with has one.....his highway mpg is crazy good.....but it's still a ford POS
Old 05-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #7
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
guy i work with has one.....his highway mpg is crazy good.....but it's still a ford POS
Yea, I guess it's a POS that will blow your doors off.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
Yea, I guess it's a POS that will blow your doors off.
blow a taco in a race you say?.....

that what you are saying?
Old 05-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #10
Banned
IDK what I was expecting. It just kinda has a deep blah tone. Maybe I was expecting something like an Import V6. My Ranger 4.0 sounded better than the Ecoboost V6.

Edit: I guess the sound doesn't match the vehicle it's in. It has a Grand National kinda sound.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The Ranger 4.0 is basically the Mustang V6, right? I had a Mustang V6 as a rental and it gave a satisfactory growl despite the low power output.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #12
Banned
Yeah it is the same SOHC 4.0.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #13
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, the rents have a Taurus SHO that goes like a streak of shit, but the exhaust note is not nearly as pleasant as the Impala SS they had before it...
Old 05-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #14
Big Cat
Nine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to all

Nine Mile Style's Tacoma Gallery
Speed channel did a show on the v6 Eco boost this morning and I was impressed ford put this motor through hell and back in testing
Old 05-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Mile Style View Post
Speed channel did a show on the v6 Eco boost this morning and I was impressed ford put this motor through hell and back in testing
Yeah I saw that too. I wonder how much of it is true.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #16
Big Cat
Nine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to all

Nine Mile Style's Tacoma Gallery
I hope that it's true
Old 05-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #17

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
thing sounds like a dodge 3.something.....

ha
Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #18
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Keeping a motor running for hours and hours miles and miles isn't tough on it. Turn it on and off every 15 miles and 30-60 minutes at a time in -30C and see how it goes.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Keeping a motor running for hours and hours miles and miles isn't tough on it. Turn it on and off every 15 miles and 30-60 minutes at a time in -30C and see how it goes.
Well they lowered the exterior temp and chilled the water to X degrees and then they started it and ran full throttle. They did that a few times. The show on speed showed everything they did. It was impressive but IDK if it was true. The show is called Speed Channel Test Drive or something like that.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
full throttle as in lholding the the pedal to the floor and giving the rev limiter a workout?
Well full throttle with a load on it. Basically they freeze the engine and dyno run it then do a steady load then freeze it and repeat. Before the cold testing they heat cycled it. When the dyno testing was done they put the engine in a work truck and hauled logs with it. Then they ran the truck on an oval track towing 2 race cars at full throttle for 24 hours stopping only for fuel and tires. The same engine then went into a race truck for the Baja run. Finally they tore the engine apart at the Detroit Auto Show in front of a bunch of people.