Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2009 Head light Assy's Burnt

Old 05-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
Gunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of light
Marines: Gunny, Retired 2001
Name: Randy
Gunny's Tacoma Gallery
Question 2009 Head light Assy's Burnt

Runner's:

I got a quick question that someone might can answer or push this problem up to get an answer? My front head light assy were burnt (both L/R assy's) from the bulbs being to hot...has anyone else had this problem? And is there a recall?
It seems to be from the running lights that stay on. I was lucky enough to catch mine before the 36,000 fell off. However, there are other's still searching this problem, just thought that I'd ask the pro's, and everyone should take a quick look at their's, mine is a 2009 DBL Cab 4x4 Sport, but have aslo seen this on my Dad's 2009 DBL off road .

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Gunny
Old 05-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
Jerry Bear has a spectacular aura aboutJerry Bear has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jerry
Jerry Bear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Runner's:

I got a quick question that someone might can answer or push this problem up to get an answer? My front head light assy were burnt (both L/R assy's) from the bulbs being to hot...has anyone else had this problem? And is there a recall?
It seems to be from the running lights that stay on. I was lucky enough to catch mine before the 36,000 fell off. However, there are other's still searching this problem, just thought that I'd ask the pro's, and everyone should take a quick look at their's, mine is a 2009 DBL Cab 4x4 Sport, but have aslo seen this on my Dad's 2009 DBL off road .

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Gunny
A few other users have reported that problem.

To my knowledge, there is no recall or TSB for it.

You could do a mod to kill the DTRLs or you could switch to LEDs. If you switch to LEDs, you will probably have to add resistors or your turn signals will flash too fast.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
Gunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of light
Marines: Gunny, Retired 2001
Name: Randy
Gunny's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jerry,

I was lucky enough to catch mine before the warranty ran out however, I will pass the info on to the others with this problem.

Thanks again for your time.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Mine started doing it to but I have aftermarket yellow halogen bulbs so that might be why. I am going to look into switching to LED's for the front turn signals and DTRL's.