Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Subaru Picture Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Subaru Picture Thread

I've seen a few pics of subi's here and there on this forum. I know there are some fans of the "boxer rumble" , so let's see some pics of your Subarus, past, present, or future.

My 07 STi limited. Still mostly stock due to the build of my wifes Tacoma. All I have done is cheap cosmetic mods; SAR, painted emblems, debadged and painted the wheels flat black with a red lip. I also put on some Rally Armour mud flaps and some tail lights I traded from an 04. Should have stage 2 (Invidia uppipe, catted down pipe and N1 Street cat back with a Cobb access port to tune it) and a pro tune on E85 a couple months after that.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rubi View Post
I've seen a few pics of subi's here and there on this forum. I know there are some game of the "boxer rumble" , so let's see some pics of your Subarus, past, present, or future.

My 07 STi limited. Still mostly stock due to the build of my wifes Tacoma. All I have done is cheap cosmetic mods; SAR, painted emblems, debadged and painted the wheels flat black with a red lip. I also put on some Rally Armour mud flaps. Should have stage 2 (Invidia uppipe, catted down pipe and N1 Street cat back with a Cobb access port to tune it) and a pro tune on E85 a couple months after that.

Sick car man!!! Subaru's FTW!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Nice car, not really digging the punisher sticker though
Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
subaru's look best in motion. here i am chasing my wife in her turbo forester. she was getting on it...i almost crashed reaching for the camera. great motor.
Attached Thumbnails
Subaru Picture Thread-chasingturboforester1124665572.jpg  
Old 05-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
Nice car, not really digging the punisher sticker though
x2, awesome car but not really feeling the hood sticker.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my wife would never ever let me put flames on the house lol
Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
My 2007 STI. Cobb Stage 1, Prodrive springs, Kartboy short shifter, SPT exhaust, BHLM, STI limited spoiler....I miss her

Old 05-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #8
TanderSON is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
TanderSON's Tacoma Gallery
Just sold this for $4000 a couple days ago - great car but didn't both the Impreza and the Tacoma. I'm happy with my choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Subaru Picture Thread-scooby.jpg  
Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
As my truck gets less and less practical as a daily driver, I've started thinking it would be cool to get a wrx or sti if I could afford it as a commuter car. Anyone have any ideas of whether or not this is a practical idea for someone not trying to end up doing the same thing I did with the Tacoma? Didn't plan on modding it, now it's becoming a purpose built offroad truck. What kind of total cost would I be looking at if I got a subi? Is it worth it to try and find an older one for less money or will I end up wishing I paid more and got something in better condition?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
As my truck gets less and less practical as a daily driver, I've started thinking it would be cool to get a wrx or sti if I could afford it as a commuter car. Anyone have any ideas of whether or not this is a practical idea for someone not trying to end up doing the same thing I did with the Tacoma? Didn't plan on modding it, now it's becoming a purpose built offroad truck. What kind of total cost would I be looking at if I got a subi? Is it worth it to try and find an older one for less money or will I end up wishing I paid more and got something in better condition?
I sold my sti for the truck because the sti was not practical

It's useless for everything except having fun....

After seeing how my fellow Subaru forum members modded and unmodded theirs, and abused them, I would never buy a WRX used, even if it looks stock.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #11
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Flames on the house?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The sti's gas mileage isn't far off from the Tacoma (assuming you actually use the power it's producing cause if you're not, what's the point?). The plain WRX is a decent car and still pretty nimble. What's impracticle about your truck that you expect to gain with a Subaru?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #13
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The sti's gas mileage isn't far off from the Tacoma (assuming you actually use the power it's producing cause if you're not, what's the point?). The plain WRX is a decent car and still pretty nimble. What's impracticle about your truck that you expect to gain with a Subaru?
Well I love my Tacoma, but the more armor I add to it, the worse my mileage gets, and after spending so much on tires, it kills me to drive on them so much. I put 30,000 miles on my truck this year, so something above 20 mpg would be nice for my commute of about 60 miles a day
Old 05-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #14

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
And just to clarify, Im not planning on getting rid of the Tacoma, I'm just thinking it might be a cool idea to have a quick little fuel efficient commuter car for driving to work and for trips where I don't need the truck
Old 05-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #15
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And just to clarify, Im not planning on getting rid of the Tacoma, I'm just thinking it might be a cool idea to have a quick little fuel efficient commuter car for driving to work and for trips where I don't need the truck
my friend's STi gets 15mpg. he tried to buy my wife's forester..to lower and hotrod.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #16
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
my friend's STi gets 15mpg. he tried to buy my wife's forester..to lower and hotrod.
Yeah I had an 07 WRX that was tuned to Stage 1 with a Cobb accessport. Not aggressive by any means. I averaged 20-22 MPG in city when I drove nicely. STI's and WRXs are not fuel efficient for their size. You'd be better off getting something non-turbo.

IMO, if you spent the money on the tires you should drive on them. It's a total loss to trick out your truck and then get rid of it for something "fuel efficient". The money you spent to trick out your truck will be lost and no longer providing benefit to you. It will take a long time to make up that money by driving something that gets 5 or 6 mpg better than the tacoma.

Sell your wheels and tires now while they still have some tread on them and sell your armor - some of your MPG will come back and you'll be where you apparently want to be.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #17

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ_TRD View Post
Yeah I had an 07 WRX that was tuned to Stage 1 with a Cobb accessport. Not aggressive by any means. I averaged 20-22 MPG in city when I drove nicely. STI's and WRXs are not fuel efficient for their size. You'd be better off getting something non-turbo.

IMO, if you spent the money on the tires you should drive on them. It's a total loss to trick out your truck and then get rid of it for something "fuel efficient". The money you spent to trick out your truck will be lost and no longer providing benefit to you. It will take a long time to make up that money by driving something that gets 5 or 6 mpg better than the tacoma.

Sell your wheels and tires now while they still have some tread on them and sell your armor - some of your MPG will come back and you'll be where you apparently want to be.
Well you quoted me but maybe misunderstood me. There is absolutely nothing that could make me get rid of my Tacoma. I will not sell it, and I bought the tires for offroading, not highway driving, which is why I'm starting to think about a car to drive to and from work to safe money on gas and to save wear and tear on the truck when I'd rather use the truck for fun and not for going to work.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
mine:

http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=VID00009.mp4
Old 05-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #19
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well you quoted me but maybe misunderstood me. There is absolutely nothing that could make me get rid of my Tacoma. I will not sell it, and I bought the tires for offroading, not highway driving, which is why I'm starting to think about a car to drive to and from work to safe money on gas and to save wear and tear on the truck when I'd rather use the truck for fun and not for going to work.
Yes, I misunderstood you. I thought you were getting rid of the Tacoma for a Subaru. That would be a bad choice. Still, Subarus are not ideal for economical commuters. They are definitely fun though
Old 05-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #20
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Neon srt-4 is quick and really cheap