LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Costco gas

Old 05-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
DS Espy is on a distinguished road
DS Espy's Tacoma Gallery
Costco gas

Anyone know who supplies costco with their gas? Is it a regional thing?
Old 05-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erick Iglesias
ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know, but the quality is like Arco's gas. Runs out fast.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
I think that Costco's gas is regional like everyone else. I have always heard that each brand of gas, i.e. Exxon, Shell, etc. all start out with the same gas and then add their own additives or detergents just before delivery. If you think about it, there is no way each gasoline company could have there own refinery in each market that they serve.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Gauge View Post
I think that Costco's gas is regional like everyone else. I have always heard that each brand of gas, i.e. Exxon, Shell, etc. all start out with the same gas and then add their own additives or detergents just before delivery. If you think about it, there is no way each gasoline company could have there own refinery in each market that they serve.
Pretty much. Gas doesn't come Costco oil deposits or Arco oil deposits. In the end they are all the same.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
I buy it. Though I don't think it runs out any faster than any of the other brands, i.e. shell, 76, chevron. I have been getting around 300 miles out of my tank, no matter where I buy the gas. Just my $.02
Old 05-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
Like 28guage said, all gas is same. Only difference is additives. A company will put in x number of gallons at one end of a pipeline and take x number out at the other end of the pipeline.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
This is in the 2nd Gen section, how strange! People never post random threads with no relevancy to 2nd gens in the 2nd gen section!!
Old 05-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
I use Costco, Arco or whatever I can get. Doesn't seem to change my 13.4 MPG.

BTW, register your Mobil SpeedPass and get $.15 off each gallon up to 100 for the next month

Register your Ralphs Club card with Shell and get $.10 off per gallon indefinitely.

Every penny counts these days.

RZ Rob
Old 05-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Lately both Arco and Costco gas (here in San Diego County) has been giving my Tacoma terrible mileage... I believe they are using the same source of cheap, high ethynol blended gasoline. When I was doing traditional 16 mpg driving... I was geting 14-15 mpg! This has been the past month... No more!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #10
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
There are 30 refineries in this country and a new one hasn't been built in over 30 years. Yeah, all coming from the same place, really. The additives do seem to make a difference from brand to brand. I "seem" to get better gas mileage when using Shell vs Costco or the no name brand (Murphy's) out in front of my job. Shell, probably not by coincidence, is the only Top Tier gas station around here.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #11
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using Costco gas for the last two years and =have averaged 18.5-19.5 mpg, fwiw
Old 05-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #12
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
gas is gas, man
Old 05-19-2011, 05:40 AM   #13
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
HeadlampRevamp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
gas is gas, man
I disagree. There is a noticeable difference in 10% ethanol (costco gas and many other stations) and standard gas.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:50 AM   #14
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Lately both Arco and Costco gas (here in San Diego County) has been giving my Tacoma terrible mileage... I believe they are using the same source of cheap, high ethynol blended gasoline. When I was doing traditional 16 mpg driving... I was geting 14-15 mpg! This has been the past month... No more!
The next time you fill up at Costco, check the pump for a ethanol content sticker. They might have switched from E-10 to E-15. The higher the ethanol content, the more the MPG's will suffer.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #15
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Gas is gas...The MPG difference is all in your head, it's your butt dyno lying to you. Butt dyno's are dirty rotten liars.

The only thing that affects your mpg is the ethanol content and your driving style.

Around here everything is 10% Ethanol. I usually buy my gas at Kroger (Grocery store) It's .03 cheaper with my Kroger plus card and there is a Kroger on my way to work by my house and another right by my office. If it's a weekend I usually fill up at QuickTrip or Racetrac.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #16
plee33 will become famous soon enoughplee33 will become famous soon enough
Name: Peter
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
I've been topping off with Costco gas lately with the rising cost of fuel. Just not worth it to pay 10-20 cents more per gallon. I'll be switching back to Shell as soon as gas prices go down a bit more.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #17
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Gas is gas...The MPG difference is all in your head, it's your butt dyno lying to you. Butt dyno's are dirty rotten liars.

The only thing that affects your mpg is the ethanol content and your driving style.

Around here everything is 10% Ethanol. I usually buy my gas at Kroger (Grocery store) It's .03 cheaper with my Kroger plus card and there is a Kroger on my way to work by my house and another right by my office. If it's a weekend I usually fill up at QuickTrip or Racetrac.
x100
Old 05-19-2011, 08:13 AM   #18
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
I have a friend of mine that is retired from Chevron Oil Refinery in Pascagoula, Ms. and he says three are only 3 different gases in our area.

Amoco (BP) refines just their own oil which is bought all over the world.

Murphy Oil (Sam's & Wal-Mart) which is pumped out of the ground in Ok. and Ak.

Cheveron, Exxon, Texaco, Shell and etc. are refined as the same gas in the same refinery with different additives added in the last stage right before it is loaded in the tanker trucks. All of their oil is bought from Opec.

I used to prefer Amoco fuel quality but, after finding out that Murphy Oil is not sending money to Opec Oil Monopoly, I have been trying to use Murphy Oil exclusively.

Also, Ethanol is the worst thing for fuel and fuel economy. When I order fuel for my business I order 100% gas with no Ethanol. There are a couple independent gas stations that sale 100% gas but, they are usually very hard to find.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #19
That damn Nissan
jhughes3281 has a brilliant futurejhughes3281 has a brilliant futurejhughes3281 has a brilliant futurejhughes3281 has a brilliant futurejhughes3281 has a brilliant futurejhughes3281 has a brilliant futurejhughes3281 has a brilliant futurejhughes3281 has a brilliant futurejhughes3281 has a brilliant futurejhughes3281 has a brilliant futurejhughes3281 has a brilliant future

Name: Jeff
jhughes3281's Tacoma Gallery
All CA gas stations have 10% ethanol. You can check here if there is an ethanol free station near you. http://pure-gas.org/
Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #20
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco2134 View Post
I buy it. Though I don't think it runs out any faster than any of the other brands, i.e. shell, 76, chevron. I have been getting around 300 miles out of my tank, no matter where I buy the gas. Just my $.02
x2

I use Costco gas all the time