Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Dream cars?

Old 10-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #21
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
After about 4000rpm the STI leaves the Evo in the dust.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #22
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery

BTW, what are the largest tires you think I could get on this car? What brand should I get? I want them to be indestructible...
Old 10-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #23
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
After about 4000rpm the STI leaves the Evo in the dust.
I would have to say its a pretty even race stock for stock. It all depends on the driver at times too.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #24
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post

BTW, what are the largest tires you think I could get on this car? What brand should I get? I want them to be indestructible...

With some trimming maybe some 38's
Old 10-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #25
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
It all depends on the driver at times too.
I'll give you that. Same driver however... Less weight and more power gives the STI the advantage.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #26
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Yeah...STI to EVO....You are working a LOT with driver factor. I've driven both- not on a track but I got a WAY better feel outta the STI.

And saying "gain more hp when modding" is a WICKED vague statement...I can make my Taco gain more hp then a Honda tunre frame....but doing more stuff to it....or by using better parts...etc etc etc

I've also built a fair bit of my buddies STI....so I guess maybe I'm partial...
Old 10-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #28
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
EVO vs STI... EVO ftw

Evo9s are more mod friendly than the STIs. That is a fact... exhaust, mbc, exhaust cam, tune and you are well in the 11s with a 9.

My Dream car tho:

The Nissan GTR

Check out this lap around Nurburgring!!! 7:29 with 2 wet corners
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBZ5i15yVU8
Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #29
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
EVO vs STI... EVO ftw

Evo9s are more mod friendly than the STIs. That is a fact... exhaust, mbc, exhaust cam, tune and you are well in the 11s with a 9.
Thank you, put the same mods on each car and you will see that the evo will gain more hp between the two
Old 10-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #30
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
Basically this video tells you that it is more roomy than STI. I'll give it to you that the AWD system is better which is why it is "sharper". That being said if he had played with the setting more forcing power 40/60 favoring the rear the STI would have held just as well.

Sorry you can't sway me. I'm a boxer engine guy.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:55 PM   #31
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I'm a truck guy not a car guy.. yeah I like cars.. too many to list. But if I could have my "dream car".. its not a car.

I would use this as a base for my ultimate Taco build. 4.7 V8 shortbed access cab. Add a set of Dynatrac 60's, 37" tires and some armor.
does anyone know what kind of rims are those? also what kind of flares?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #32
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Sickest Taco ever.

The color however, not so sick.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:59 PM   #33
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
So am I officially an old fart?? Nobody here besides me thinks that '56 210 is hot??
You got to be kidding
Old 10-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #34
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'd drive it!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Yeah, the color looks like someone got sick
But I still want it.

Oh, me too!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #36
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'd have gotten that green on my taco instead of the timberland mica.....

but to the OP, my dream car would be a tricked out 1970 superbird....mmmmmm
Old 10-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #38
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
The list is very long
67 AC Cobra
63 split window vette
Saleen S7 twin turbo
Ariel Atom (look it up if you don't what they are. freaking sweet!!)

I could go on for a while but I will leave it at 4
Old 10-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #39
switchfoot177 is on a distinguished road
switchfoot177's Tacoma Gallery
dream car? definately a 69 z28 camaro with racing stripes
Old 10-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #40
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Weekend car: 288 GTO

Daily:
Porsche 951 S:

Track Car: Sport Exige

If I could only have one car to do them all?
Gemballa GTR 650 Evo