Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

DMV Fee question

Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
DMV Fee question

So I receive a notice from the wholesaler/dealer that I bought my truck from a few months back stating that they under-estimated the DMV fee cost related to transferring ownership, blah, blah, blah. They are requesting a payment from me for the difference of $17.00 which was their error.
I all ready have the registration & plates, so does that mean that DMV has completed the process? I don't have title since I financed the purchase, but since it is their error why should I have to make up for that? Opinions please...
Old 10-07-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
If everything is signed and they released the truck to you then i would think they need to eat the difference.

-Dan
Old 10-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #3
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
they can be off on the guesstimating the reg fees, so i would pay the $17

i got back $12 refund when my truck was registered.

if you try and cheap out the $17 i am sure they will find ways to get the money ;-D
That is kinda what I was thinking, but I have a call into the sales person I worked with. I wanted to call it even for some other issues that I have had to deal with on the truck. They are/were some issues with the truck that they never addressed. ie all four tires "brand new" yet I found tire plugs in both rear tires, not a huge deal but gives you an idea of the kind of outfit I am dealing with here.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPPERT View Post
That is kinda what I was thinking, but I have a call into the sales person I worked with. I wanted to call it even for some other issues that I have had to deal with on the truck. They are/were some issues with the truck that they never addressed. ie all four tires "brand new" yet I found tire plugs in both rear tires, not a huge deal but gives you an idea of the kind of outfit I am dealing with here.
Tell them you will pay them when you get NEW tires. Tires should be patched not plugged.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Tell them you will pay them when you get NEW tires. Tires should be patched not plugged.
X2 Or, new tires means "NEW" tires
Old 10-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I got almost $100 back from the dealer on those fees. The guy told me when we signed that they overcharge a LOT to prevent this from happening. It was nice to get the check back =)
Old 10-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
I got almost $100 back from the dealer on those fees. The guy told me when we signed that they overcharge a LOT to prevent this from happening. It was nice to get the check back =)
They should be able to get closer than that. Now if you financed you are paying interest on that $100.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
yah i didn't look at it that way lol. oh well