Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

1st ticket

Old 10-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
1st ticket

I can finally say something bad about my new Tacoma(or not)...I was so into the excellence of the vehicle that I forgot to keep an eye on the speedo. Result; my first speed ticket in 22 yrs of driving. After receiving my ticket I can say I finally drove it like I stole it. Still love my new taco!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
I know what you mean, When I saw the lights turn on behind me last week, I looked at the speedo and was dooing 60 in a 45. The cop let me go and I've been sticking to 5 over since (but its hard to do)
Old 10-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
These trucks don't make the best getaway vehicles.

Trust me, I know.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
These trucks don't make the best getaway vehicles.

Trust me, I know.
Actually the police were on nice Harleys. So a hard turn to the left through the field and to the woods would have led to an escape............briefly.

If I didn't trust you, would you tell me how you 'know'?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
Never had a ticket before... till I got my Tacoma in Feb.. the 2nd week I had it I got my first ticket. Since then I have gotten 2 more... They are attracted to my truck I swear
Old 10-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
I can finally say something bad about my new Tacoma(or not)...I was so into the excellence of the vehicle that I forgot to keep an eye on the speedo. Result; my first speed ticket in 22 yrs of driving. After receiving my ticket I can say I finally drove it like I stole it. Still love my new taco!
Hey man, it happens to the best of us. 22 years without a ticket is pretty damn impressive.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
hahah this thread is funny.... a

after 12 year driving i was NEVER pulled out by a cop, until two weeks ago, i was doing about 60 on a 45 speedway.... the curious thing is that speedway is about 15 km and i have to do them almost all, so i always use the cruise control, anyways that time i forgot and the damn cop was kind of hiding between some trees, he finally let me go.... but yea its hard to keep on the speed limit....
Old 10-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, I didn't run from the cops. Some guy was chasing me. I should tried to find a field to just go through since he was in a car...woulda made it a lot easier.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post
Never had a ticket before... till I got my Tacoma in Feb.. the 2nd week I had it I got my first ticket. Since then I have gotten 2 more... They are attracted to my truck I swear
my ticket may not stop my speeding completely, but your reply got my attention
Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
I got my first ticket in 25 years on my birthday in june .. 70 in a 55, $225.00 . and she didnt even wish me a happy birthday
Comparing states could be interesting...Indiana cost for 15mph over the speed limit $174. I was actually 10mph over which is gonna cost $124.

0-10 over is court cost $114 plus $10=$124
11-14 over is court cost $114 plus $20=$134
15 or more over is court cost $114 plus $4 per mph over......

one ticket and I'm suddenly smart.....sucky way to get educated!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #12

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
wow, i got a 60 in a 35 and my original fine was like $180.

got it knocked down to 40 in a 35 and it was like $160.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #13
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
speaking of cops on harleys. we recently got some down herein nc. at least in my town. there are at lest three bikes i have seen. pretty cool to see bikes again in a small town.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #14

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and I drove a civic for like a year or so (first car) and I never got a ticket. Both of my tickets have been in a toyota.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
speaking of cops on harleys. we recently got some down herein nc. at least in my town. there are at lest three bikes i have seen. pretty cool to see bikes again in a small town.

we have 2 and we're getting 2 more
Old 10-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #16
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pretty smart if ya ask me. gas is hella expensive. bikes sure do save it though.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #17

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
if they're going to get bikes, why not get something a little sportier like a buell?

edit: wow buell even makes a police bike: http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/police/XB12XP/
Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
if they're going to get bikes, why not get something a little sportier like a buell?
because we need to keep a lot of shit in those storage compartments
Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #19

good question. we do have a harley dealership close to us so thats probly why. they probly got a discount or something.^^^ and that too
Old 10-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #20

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
because we need to keep a lot of shit in those storage compartments
i dont know man, you can get storage on any bike...don't know if harleys have more than others though.

but i do know that if i was trying to run from the police and i saw a sportbike come up on my ass i'd crap myself.