Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

1995 Bronco Build

Old 06-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #21
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolepride991 View Post
they are just some plywood cutouts covered with foam and vinyl. Easy and cheap
Just standard CDX? What type of foam? I need DETAILS man!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #22
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. With all that paint work I'm surprised you didn't give the frame some love as the rust sticks out like a sore thumb with all that shine around it now. Even if you sprayed the paint with a matte clear it still would have looked killer. Nice job!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #23
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
I am not a fan of big lifted trucks but I do like the old full-size Broncos and that is a great build. Nice work.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #24
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
This is fucking depressing. Reminds me of my last truck too much. Before and how it looks now is awesome, OP. Great work.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #25
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolepride991 View Post
Since the project was a graduation present I was not allowed to know the price of the overall project. I just had the put in the hours or else dad would be taking the truck.
Build is saweet! Props to your dad for a worthwhile and meaningful grad present!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #26
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Build is saweet! Props to your dad for a worthwhile and meaningful grad present!
Agreed. Definitely a cool present. Spend time with your dad and get a sweet like-new bronco out of it.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #27
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ_TRD View Post
Just standard CDX? What type of foam? I need DETAILS man!

I dont think it really matters what kind of plywood you use. I think my mom picked up the foam from a fabric store. It was just on a big roll and they measured out how much we needed and cut it and gave it to us. It was probably about 3/4 an inch thick. Cut the foam to match your plywood, use some spray adhesive to stick the foam down. Then go around pulling the vinyl tight and use a staple gun to hold it down.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #28
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And thanks everybody for the great comments. This bronco is for sure staying in the family as long as possible.

Now my dad is talking about wanting to build a kit car once we sell our old house and get the space for all of our vehicles in a new house.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #29
Resident Fishing Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Looks good. With all that paint work I'm surprised you didn't give the frame some love as the rust sticks out like a sore thumb with all that shine around it now. Even if you sprayed the paint with a matte clear it still would have looked killer. Nice job!
This is on the list. We figured that this was not a 100% necessary addition and wanted to get the truck running and then we will take care of all the small detail work.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #30
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats a kickass bronco
Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #31
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet bronco man!! Just don't try running from the law in that thing!!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #32
Resident Fishing Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
Sweet bronco man!! Just don't try running from the law in that thing!!
Yeah i think ill pass on that one..this baby burns gas like its her job ahah
Old 06-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #33
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck man! I love that paintjob.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #34
Resident Fishing Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaDawg View Post
Great looking truck man! I love that paintjob.
Thank you sir
Old 06-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #35
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build man, looks like it was done right...good job!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #36
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
My pal of almost 50 years has a 90 bronco and still loves it. Jim
Old 06-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #37
Resident Fishing Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
My pal of almost 50 years has a 90 bronco and still loves it. Jim
Yeah its a solid truck...just gotta work all the bugs out after tearing apart and rebuilding ahah
Old 06-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #38
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
awesome build! looks like you did everything right too. Congrats. MOAR!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #39
Resident Fishing Expert

**UPDATE**

Just got the truck back from the transmission shop...

thank god we took it in

we took it in because we wanted to get the transmission rebuilt to handle the upgraded engine, also the vehicle had 150k miles and just figured it would be a good idea with all the extra stress of larger tires.

apparently this tranny has been rebuilt before. The guys in the stop said that they pulled parts out that were extremely out of date for a 95 bronco. also they said they found parts that were behind held together with glue...? WTF

oh well..all is good and she runs strong. we also had a stall converter installed

hopefully gettin new gears soon.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #40
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ That's why I hate taking my truck to shops. I can't help but think that someone who doesn't really care for or respect my truck will end up doing random stuff to get the job done as quickly as possible.

Granted, I don't think I'll ever reach the point where I'm diving into the internals of an automatic transmission - so I don't blame you for taking it to a shop.