Just figured Id share my build that I have been working on for about a year now. Seems like this would be something that fellow truck enthusiasts would enjoy.
It is a 95 Ford Bronco that has been completely stripped and rebuilt.
The truck was given to me about a year ago from my parents as a graduation present. We found the truck at a near by auction and came home with it the same day. My dad and I have been wanting to do some kind of a build and since he has owned a few broncos before and I wanted a big truck this seemed to be the right choice.
This is what the truck looked like the day we brought it home. (We took the hood off before the picture)
We started this build at our home in NC and the bronco has made trips between there and my Uncles house in FL. After receiving the truck it only took a week or so and we had it completely torn down and ready to ship it off to my uncle to do some body work for us. While it was there we made a couple trips down for the weekend to get as much work done as we could without gettin in my uncles way.
We found the idea for creating our own side panels and this is what we came up with.
Hood Stripped and ready for sealer
Interior sprayed with bedliner
My uncle spraying the top with bedliner
Some carpet installed, amp wiring installed, side panels installed
After a lot of body work we got to put the top back on the truck to get it ready to go home to NC
After a successful few weekends the truck was comin back home to NC
Once we got the truck back we finally received our new engine block with a few modifications to get some good power out of it.
It is a 302 and has a new cam, ported and polished for more flow, estimated 350 HP (hopefully will get the numbers soon) We also added headers, new distributor cap and wires, high flow cat, flowmaster 40 muffler, upgraded alternator, high flow water pump, and new fuel injectors.
Me working on taking apart the old engine
New block dressed and ready to be dropped in
After a long weekend of building the engine and getting the engine back in the truck and hooked back up to the tranny she fired up FIRST TRY. There is no better feeling.
We then decided to go for a change of pace and work on the interior a bit. This involved installing the stereo and sound system and putting the center console in as well as the seats.
Seats and Console
Once most of the Interior was completed it was time to move on to the suspension.
We ordered a 6" lift. Very nice kit.
Working on the front. Engine hoist worked amazing!
More Height Achieved!
It was now time to take the truck back to Florida to put the final touches before we could get it in the paint booth. This is also about the time I left for college. Couldnt have been better timing as most of the hardwork was done for now.
Back to Florida we go.
It took us a while to get the booth reserved but we finally had a date set and the truck was FINALLY going to get some paint. My uncle has been painting cars his whole life and it was really cool being able to have him paint my truck with one of his buddies.
All taped off and ready to go!
We had a custom paint idea and I will show you the progression.
Start off with a spray of red that will get taped off to leave only a small pinstripe.
Then the metallic gray was shot onto the truck.
Once dry the gray was taped off in prep for the next color
Then it was time to spray the black!
After it quick dry it was time to reveal the colors. Love how it came out!
The hood also had a little design
Then it was time for the clear coat. I kinda liked the flat look too!
Brought the truck back to my uncles the same day so I could get my tires and see how it all looks together.
In the sun!
It was now time to start re assembling. Lets start with the front end.
Hood on the truck
Fender Flares and steps installed.
A little peak inside the truck.
The interior is still in progress so hopefully I will get the final product done to show soon.
Top is on and glass is installed. Doin some minor engine adjustments as well.
The rear bumper wasnt installed in the picture yet because we needed to make some custom brackets and my uncle was painting it. It is the same gray color and the top of the bumper is sprayed with bed liner.
The colors are off in the next picture because it was taken on my phone. But we decided to keep it clean and jsut get a few color matched broncos to throw on as emblems.
Here are a few of the most recent pictures.
The truck is now drivable. We still have some interior work left and a few window issues that we need to get fixed. It is almost done.
Thanks for reading guys and if you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer!