Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

1995 Bronco Build

Old 05-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
1995 Bronco Build

Just figured Id share my build that I have been working on for about a year now. Seems like this would be something that fellow truck enthusiasts would enjoy.

It is a 95 Ford Bronco that has been completely stripped and rebuilt.

The truck was given to me about a year ago from my parents as a graduation present. We found the truck at a near by auction and came home with it the same day. My dad and I have been wanting to do some kind of a build and since he has owned a few broncos before and I wanted a big truck this seemed to be the right choice.

This is what the truck looked like the day we brought it home. (We took the hood off before the picture)

We started this build at our home in NC and the bronco has made trips between there and my Uncles house in FL. After receiving the truck it only took a week or so and we had it completely torn down and ready to ship it off to my uncle to do some body work for us. While it was there we made a couple trips down for the weekend to get as much work done as we could without gettin in my uncles way.

We found the idea for creating our own side panels and this is what we came up with.

Hood Stripped and ready for sealer

Interior sprayed with bedliner

My uncle spraying the top with bedliner

Some carpet installed, amp wiring installed, side panels installed

After a lot of body work we got to put the top back on the truck to get it ready to go home to NC

After a successful few weekends the truck was comin back home to NC

Once we got the truck back we finally received our new engine block with a few modifications to get some good power out of it.

It is a 302 and has a new cam, ported and polished for more flow, estimated 350 HP (hopefully will get the numbers soon) We also added headers, new distributor cap and wires, high flow cat, flowmaster 40 muffler, upgraded alternator, high flow water pump, and new fuel injectors.

New Block

Me working on taking apart the old engine

New block dressed and ready to be dropped in

After a long weekend of building the engine and getting the engine back in the truck and hooked back up to the tranny she fired up FIRST TRY. There is no better feeling.

We then decided to go for a change of pace and work on the interior a bit. This involved installing the stereo and sound system and putting the center console in as well as the seats.

Seats and Console

Sound System

Once most of the Interior was completed it was time to move on to the suspension.

We ordered a 6" lift. Very nice kit.

Rear Lifted

Working on the front. Engine hoist worked amazing!

More Height Achieved!

It was now time to take the truck back to Florida to put the final touches before we could get it in the paint booth. This is also about the time I left for college. Couldnt have been better timing as most of the hardwork was done for now.
Back to Florida we go.

It took us a while to get the booth reserved but we finally had a date set and the truck was FINALLY going to get some paint. My uncle has been painting cars his whole life and it was really cool being able to have him paint my truck with one of his buddies.

All taped off and ready to go!

We had a custom paint idea and I will show you the progression.

Start off with a spray of red that will get taped off to leave only a small pinstripe.

Then the metallic gray was shot onto the truck.

Once dry the gray was taped off in prep for the next color

Then it was time to spray the black!

After it quick dry it was time to reveal the colors. Love how it came out!

The hood also had a little design

Then it was time for the clear coat. I kinda liked the flat look too!

Brought the truck back to my uncles the same day so I could get my tires and see how it all looks together.

In the sun!

It was now time to start re assembling. Lets start with the front end.

Hood on the truck

Fender Flares and steps installed.

A little peak inside the truck.

The interior is still in progress so hopefully I will get the final product done to show soon.

Top is on and glass is installed. Doin some minor engine adjustments as well.

The rear bumper wasnt installed in the picture yet because we needed to make some custom brackets and my uncle was painting it. It is the same gray color and the top of the bumper is sprayed with bed liner.

The colors are off in the next picture because it was taken on my phone. But we decided to keep it clean and jsut get a few color matched broncos to throw on as emblems.

Here are a few of the most recent pictures.

The truck is now drivable. We still have some interior work left and a few window issues that we need to get fixed. It is almost done.

Thanks for reading guys and if you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer!

Kameron
Old 05-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
nice dude. dont care to much for fords, but it looks good.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
i've always loved broncos and would like one some day. it looks really good! you've done pretty much everything i want to if i ever get one; tear it apart and redo it as my own. great build!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
very nice man! read through the whole thing haha i kinda like the flat paint look as well
Old 05-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
slick, I'd give my left nut to be able to do stuff like that
Old 05-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man
Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Job well done! Nice work!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Bronco looks great!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is sweet, dude! You'll likely want to keep it for yourself but I bet you could sell that for a great price when it's done.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #10
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing build done right and looks great!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #12
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any more information on those interior panels? I need to replace the crap red plastic ones in my 1st gen 4Runner. Yours look sick
Old 06-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #13
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

they are just some plywood cutouts covered with foam and vinyl. Easy and cheap
Old 06-01-2011, 02:58 AM   #14
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! Sharp Bronco!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
sweet build! just curious, all in all how much did it end up costing you? if you dont mind me asking
Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #17
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
that is awesome!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #18
Resident Fishing Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
sweet build! just curious, all in all how much did it end up costing you? if you dont mind me asking
Since the project was a graduation present I was not allowed to know the price of the overall project. I just had the put in the hours or else dad would be taking the truck.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #19
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work, the truck looks great.