Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Small/Medium car poll.

View Poll Results: Best small/medium size brand new car in?
Corolla 14 25.00%
Yaris 3 5.36%
Civic 11 19.64%
Fit 3 5.36%
Jetta 8 14.29%
Fiesta 2 3.57%
Focus 4 7.14%
Lancer 7 12.50%
Elantra 4 7.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
hgfontana is on a distinguished road
Name: Hernan
hgfontana's Tacoma Gallery
Question Small/Medium car poll.

I have to change my wife’s car and I can’t decide. Must be a small/medium with good MPG and 4 doors.
Let’s see who get best in this poll.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
So.... where's the poll??

Also, a price range would help. Assuming decent quality, decent sized, the new Sonata actually isn't a bad car. A guy I work with just bought a new turbo version and it's pretty nice and gets 30 MPG on average. I had a Corolla for a loaner and that thing was a complete POS in my opinion. Used to be a nice car but they seemed to have ruined it over the years.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Can't go wrong with Honda.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
ford focus,just bought a 2012 for my wife,she really likes it
59 miles per gallon
Old 06-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The new Elantra is very nice. A co worker gets about 35 MPG highway.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Weigh out what matters to you/her and you'll easily narrow that list down. For me, my biggest concern is quality over the long term (of the engine/tranny especially) so I voted Corolla. But if your wife likes to get a new car often, then you have different metrics to work with.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy just bought his wife a 2008-9ish 4 door civic and she loves it. they use her car for there "travel car" because his DD is a mazdaspeed3 track car. He told me they took her car on a 4hour road trip and averaged 38mpg on the trip. My GF bought a 2010 Altima in November and it's a awesome car. Great ride, Great stereo, great seats and great mileage for its size 28/31.5
Old 06-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
My GF owns a 2010 Mazda3 2.0. She does Fuelly and after 16,000 miles she is averaging 31.5 MPG. It is fun to drive and has plenty of power.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn617 View Post
Corolla FTW
Have you driven the new ones?? It's the first Corolla I didn't like, it was horrible to drive!

Out of your options I voted for the Focus.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #11
My wife actually have a 98 CRV (150k plus miles), and lately he spend more time in the mechanic that I want for a used car, so I'm looking a car for a long term use. All input are welcome!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #12
enigma429ad has a spectacular aura aboutenigma429ad has a spectacular aura about
enigma429ad's Tacoma Gallery
We went with the corolla for my wifes car, and I voted for it based on that. Although the Honda Fit has been rockin' in the reviews as far as mpg in class and cost of maintence etc. (Although still not a huge difference from corolla.)
We've also been getting @ 35 mpg in her's.

We went originally planning to get a yaris but once we rode it in it, it just was pitiful. uncomfortable and cramped.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #13
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery

Zoom Zoom
Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
One of my little sisters has a honda fit. She loves it. Used as 60 mile each way commute for first year.

Park your tacoma next to anything you buy her first. Some little cars have seating that is right at truck bumper level. Safety matters too.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #16
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Can't go wrong with Honda.
X2 I like the look of the 2012 civic's.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #18
I start this poll with cars in a 16K (or less)range brand new (this price come from www.truecar.com). Subaru start at 18K the automatic transmission.
I exclude all Nissan because a few friends and co-worker had bad experience and I'll not consider to buy this brand.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #19
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Civic or Corolla imo. I love the reliability of both makes, and I've personally owned two corollas and never had any problems with either.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #20
gpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
gpend5.7sport's Tacoma Gallery
i said lancer just cause it is the best looking car in that category, you want quality get a civic the bastard will continue to live forever until you get sick of it and drive it off a cliff lol. my mom just got a 2011 corolla and i cant stand it, handles poorly, back end is ugly, interior is all plastic, its slow, and it only gets 30 mpg with her commute every day. you tried the chevy cobalts yet? my gf's base model ls 06 cobalt 4 door is a badass little car. it just rolled over 110k and all we have needed to do to it is new tires and it still gets 29 mpg with all her city driving