LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

FireStone Lifetime Allignment questions

Old 06-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
FireStone Lifetime Allignment questions

i was going to go get this, but my step dad said if i upgrademy suspension or knock it out of allignment when im out wheeling.. they will not allign it for free. but then i hear on here people get it so when they upgrade suspension, or go LT they can keep getting it alligned.

can someone help me out on this? thanks
Old 06-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
call and ask what voids the lifetime waranty
Old 06-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
I took my truck to them after I lifted it and then took it back again after it settled. The only question they asked me was on my second visit. They wanted to know if I had modified it since the initial purchase.

How are they going to know how it ended up mis-aligned?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
My truck has been aligned at the same Firestone 3 times and I was lifted for all of them. Talk to the service manager and supply them the specs you need for alignment. Do not use factory specks. Do not expect Firestone to know their shit. Chains employ bad people. The only reason I go with Firestone is because my local store knows their shit and the manager has a Taco. If I lived closer to David T's shop I would never go to Firestone.

I did NOT pay for my alignment up front and I did NOT sign up for the lifetime alignment until they were done my alignment. I told the manager that I would not spend $170 if they couldn't do it and he agreed. They did the alignment, I took it for a test drive with the tech, and then I paid.

Oh and regarding the mod issues...how the hell are they going to know what you did months later unless it's totally obvious? And if it is then you should pay. Ripping off a company is no better then ripping off a person. I told my guy the last time I changed shocks and he didn't say jack to me.

You also get lifetime tire balance with the alignments

im not thinking about ripping them off. i was just asking what voids the warranty, because i dont know if you mod your truck if it voids the warranty.

and it will be totally obvious. normal 3 inch lift, to long travel lol. and my trucks not too hard to miss

and thanks 808mat ill call them and ask them sometime today!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
It really depends on the indevidual firestone. talk to them as in depth as you can before you buy. i have the lifetime allignment on mine. when i'm at my parent's place over the summers, i never take it to the fire there (virginia) because they said it was impossible to allign lifted trucks (this was after 15 minutes of explaining how the aftermarket UCAs worked.) the one near me in florida however is fantastic. they came out and looked at the truck with me...all i had to do was say the UCAs are build for a lift and they said no problem. they do it quickly and get it spot on every time. last time i even said that i had been wheeling and have a long drive the next day so i'd be nice to have it checked. 35 minutes later, a full allignment had been done. if you find a shop that does well though, make sure to tip.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
After 3 tries with firestone i took my truck to a 4x4 specialty shop they were not impressed with the work Fire stone had done at all. It might be lifetime alignment but 1 good alignment is better than a lifetime of shit alignments.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoTaco View Post
After 3 tries with firestone i took my truck to a 4x4 specialty shop they were not impressed with the work Fire stone had done at all. It might be lifetime alignment but 1 good alignment is better than a lifetime of shit alignments.
yeah, that's why it depends on which one you go to. the one in virginia i go to is so close to washington dc, everyone drives cars, or suvs with car like suspension. to one in florida actually specializes in trucks
Old 06-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
I was skeptical of it but affter talking to all the techs and the manager they are all pretty good guys at the shop near me and I haven't had 1 problem yet with my alignments from them

I would talk to them and see what kind of knowledge the guys at your shop have, if there's 1 tech you like in particular you can always request him to do your alignment
Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #9
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
They told me that i could do whatever I wanted to my truck and they would honor the lifetime alignment. I had it to them before and after the lift with no issues. In fact it is going to them tomorrow night for a post-inner tie rod alignment.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
It really depends on the indevidual firestone. talk to them as in depth as you can before you buy. i have the lifetime allignment on mine. when i'm at my parent's place over the summers, i never take it to the fire there (virginia) because they said it was impossible to allign lifted trucks (this was after 15 minutes of explaining how the aftermarket UCAs worked.) the one near me in florida however is fantastic. they came out and looked at the truck with me...all i had to do was say the UCAs are build for a lift and they said no problem. they do it quickly and get it spot on every time. last time i even said that i had been wheeling and have a long drive the next day so i'd be nice to have it checked. 35 minutes later, a full allignment had been done. if you find a shop that does well though, make sure to tip.
This ^^

The one by me is great. I've had the lifetime on all my trucks and use it every 6k miles.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
firestone took one look at my truck... they started to cry and asked me never to come back...

it all depends on the shop, i know dudes who have the lifetime alignment for their LT trucks and then there's people like me who get denied cause of so much awesomeness they have on 4 wheels
Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
You should have shat out some awesome on a silver platter for them before you left
Old 06-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #13
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
You should have shat out some awesome on a silver platter for them before you left
if only i could shit on command...