Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Jetski help

Old 06-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Jetski help

Okay so I have a 2002 yamaha xl700 2 stroke waverunner. New spark plugs. Replaced carbs. Batterys good. Full tank of gas and oil. Today I sprayed carb cleaner into the carbs and cranked it. It starts for a second or two then cuts off. Could this be a bad fuel line or filter? Any input is great.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTaco07 View Post
Okay so I have a 2002 yamaha xl700 2 stroke waverunner. New spark plugs. Replaced carbs. Batterys good. Full tank of gas and oil. Today I sprayed carb cleaner into the carbs and cranked it. It starts for a second or two then cuts off. Could this be a bad fuel line or filter? Any input is great.
Carb may need some adjustment.

Replacing the fuel filter is a cheap easy solution. No harm in doing that.

Also may be a bad fuel pump.

I'm glad I got rid of my PWC (Sea-Doo) that thing was such a pain the asss.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Carb may need some adjustment.

Replacing the fuel filter is a cheap easy solution. No harm in doing that.

Also may be a bad fuel pump.

I'm glad I got rid of my PWC (Sea-Doo) that thing was such a pain the asss.
x2 I got the carb settings adjusted. Possible fuel pump because I diconnected the Fuel line off the fuel filter and started and no gas was comming out. so Im kinda confused...
Old 06-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
How long was it sitting? Could definitely be bad fuel or a plugged filter. Always a good idea to replace everything since it's usually pretty cheaper and a hell of a lot easier than rebuilding a carburetor.

Bad gas has a stale smell to it. Smell it once and you'll never forget it.

I'm assuming the fuel pump has checked out as good?

Good luck on the resurrection!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
mine did the same thing then it blew up but every jet ski has a shelf life of about a year with me so it was about time
Old 06-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
Super Mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
How long was it sitting? Could definitely be bad fuel or a plugged filter. Always a good idea to replace everything since it's usually pretty cheaper and a hell of a lot easier than rebuilding a carburetor.

Bad gas has a stale smell to it. Smell it once and you'll never forget it.

I'm assuming the fuel pump has checked out as good?

Good luck on the resurrection!
Gas was just put in a week or so ago. And no the fuel pump is unknown right now Ill have to find it once this storm passes