Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Got thrashed about my Tacoma!

Old 06-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Got thrashed about my Tacoma!

So I'm at a family cookout/swim party yesterday and my brother-in-law has a F-350 turbo diesel which happens to be parked in view near the pool. Sitting talking with my wife's family when my father-in-law starts. The whole family is old school in the sense of buying American made vehicles to give Americans jobs and are particularly Ford people. Now for those of you that don't know me, I traded a Dodge Ram Hemi for the Yota. Of course my father-in-law didn't like it. I didn't need the Hemi for towing so I traded for a smaller truck with better mpg's and overall quality, plus wanted a 4x4. So anyway, he has to make some sort of comment, which I pretty much knew was coming. So he ask's me if I'd hook up my Taco to the Super Duty? WTF? I mean if I wanted a truck for towing I would have kept the Ram. Not that it would out pull a diesel either but damn. I should have told him I would hook up to his truck though, a 94 F-150 2wd. I like him but what a douche bag of a question. Maybe I should have pointed out that I could hook up to Ford's small truck..............oh wait, they quit making it because it's a pos. Anyway, just wanted to vent, I know there is a thread on here about being ragged on for the Taco's but couldn't find it.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ Well if it makes you feel any better. I wouldn't buy a American truck. People are set in their own ways.

However, I wouldn't rag on someone on their choice of vehicle. Unless you buy a Smart Car. Not a Smart move.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
There's a good chance you're Taco has more American parts than the F350... You should ask him if he wants to hit up some trails sometime, unless its pretty heavily modded I would say you could get into/out of places he could only dream of.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
So I'm at a family cookout/swim party yesterday and my brother-in-law has a F-350 turbo diesel which happens to be parked in view near the pool. Sitting talking with my wife's family when my father-in-law starts. The whole family is old school in the sense of buying American made vehicles to give Americans jobs and are particularly Ford people. Now for those of you that don't know me, I traded a Dodge Ram Hemi for the Yota. Of course my father-in-law didn't like it. I didn't need the Hemi for towing so I traded for a smaller truck with better mpg's and overall quality, plus wanted a 4x4. So anyway, he has to make some sort of comment, which I pretty much knew was coming. So he ask's me if I'd hook up my Taco to the Super Duty? WTF? I mean if I wanted a truck for towing I would have kept the Ram. Not that it would out pull a diesel either but damn. I should have told him I would hook up to his truck though, a 94 F-150 2wd. I like him but what a douche bag of a question. Maybe I should have pointed out that I could hook up to Ford's small truck..............oh wait, they quit making it because it's a pos. Anyway, just wanted to vent, I know there is a thread on here about being ragged on for the Taco's but couldn't find it.
who gives a shit what they think. ask him in a couple years how many times hes had to replace the tranny. lol or challenge him to a little wheeling or the amount of money youve saved because of mpgs, overall quality of the truck (probably never have any big maintenance) or the cost of initially buying the truck. hope that makes you feel better
Old 06-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
thats as smarrt as saying wanna hookup your f350 to my tank
Old 06-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaDawg View Post
There's a good chance you're Taco has more American parts than the F350... You should ask him if he wants to hit up some trails sometime, unless its pretty heavily modded I would say you could get into/out of places he could only dream of.
^^This. Plus, he's driving a Ford diesel, that thing's a POS and has been for a while. Tell him when he wants to be a big boy he should upgrade to the Duramax. Otherwise, you got it right, comparing a Tacoma to a diesel is just ignorant, different class of truck. Although, you can always ask him if the reason he's challenging your little Tacoma is because his Ford can't compare to the other full sized trucks
Old 06-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if you could've actually won the tug-of-war by putting it in 4Lo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
I catch shit every time I go to my 1/4 mile drag strip to see the races. All the redneck ignorant dipshits flame me. I laugh it off.
X2. So long as the flames don't escalate into vandalism (known to happen during labor strikes), just laugh it off.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
Fenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fenrisulfr's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at the cost of ownership on Edmunds, a 2011 F350 w/ 4x4 costs about $53K over the course of five years. Older trucks generally cost more to maintain on account of lost efficiency and increased mechanical issues. I did not have enough information for OP's specific case, but a 2011 Access V6 4x4 TRD costs $40K over the same period.

In summary, your father in law is out a bundle because he is likely compensating for something. Heck, he is probably out more money than I am going to be spending on land very soon. Let us hope the need for such compensation is not hereditary, as who would want their children driving Fords?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
The techs I worked with at the Toyota dealership, who all came from domestic shops, told me to always work for asian companies. 60-70% of asian work is regular rate, 40-50% of domestic work is regular rate. Who has warranty issues?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
In summary, your father in law is out $20K because he is likely compensating for something. I hope the need for such compensation is not hereditary, as who would want their children driving Fords?
Not that it really matters, but the F-350 is not my father-in-law's but his son-in-law's. He was just throwing crap at me because it was in view and being a Ford man. My brother-in-law does indeed need/use this truck for his business, a travel trailer and uses it to pull a large flatbed trailer loaded with several four wheelers.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
take him wheeling.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #12
coylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tk
coylifut's Tacoma Gallery
the way to always end this argument is say it's paid for. How many years until your last payment?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coylifut View Post
the way to always end this argument is say it's paid for. How many years until your last payment?
I wish, only had mine for about 4 months now.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #14
mitchell4655 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: mitchell
mitchell4655's Tacoma Gallery
there is no way you can compare those trucks.... there completely different.. my dad has a 2011 f350 dully, awesome truck.. it does what its built for haul a trailer n makes him feel cool haha but when i got my 2011 tacoma all he wanted to do was drive it, he loves the tacoma i just moved to dc n im waiting to get it from AZ n all i hear about how he drives it all the time... pisses me off cause its my baby haha
Old 06-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #16
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Idk what other parts are made foreign, but i know when the earthquake/tsunami hit japan, ford stopped making black vehicles because a pigment in the paint was from there. My dad got a 2011 black super duty right before the earthquake there, and he told me about this. Thought it was interesting.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #17
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Next time Pa starts ragging on yer Tacoma say "Hey! I f##k your daughter in that truck, so watch it!"
Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathom View Post
Next time Pa starts ragging on yer Tacoma say "Hey! I f##k your daughter in that truck, so watch it!"
Old 06-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #19
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Ask him if he shops at Walmart.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #20
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathom View Post
This is awesome and why im on this forum! Pretty sure Tundra is the ONLY truck in America made in America! Tell pa to suck it.