Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

no more taco...

Old 06-18-2011, 01:44 AM   #1
tommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Joe
tommelleo22's Tacoma Gallery
no more taco...

well guys. it's been a great ride but i think it's time to sell the taco.. gas mpg here in PA is only averaging me 14.5 and 16-17 hwy. everythings been checked out on my truck im running stock wheels and stock tire sizes it's only leveled along with replaced the air filter with a K&N and only picked up a half an mpg. truck only has 35,000 on it and if gas is going to suck either way anymore i might as well be driving a v8 full size again like my old titan ;(

Anybody have any gas milage suggestions on the following. 06+ rams with the Hemi, the FJ cruisers- only nice suv to own imo, 06+ ram 2500 with the 5.9l cummins, and the newer body tundras? just looking for some info from actual "people" not the estimated factory #'s who we all know are stretched beyond the truth sometimes.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
STOP BITCHING ABOUT GAS, YOU DRIVE A TRUCK NOT AN ECHO.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Go look at and drive the new F150 with the turbo v6 FMF & good MPG
Old 06-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
tommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura about

stop bitching about gas? im going to bitch about gas when my truck lists at 17 city 21 highway and im averaging no more than 16.. mommy and daddy don't pay for my gas anymore bro.. some of us work for a living. and ya m3 my buddies swear by their chipped diesels! and friend of mine just bought the eco boost and is getting 18.8 city and it takes a thousand miles to start seeing more gains in mpg but since he's had it it's slowly getting better
Old 06-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
my neighbour has a ram hemi and he says on the highway its fantastic,but in the city its a nightmare
Old 06-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
My dad's actually looking at getting an 06 Dodge Cummins 2500 with the 5.9... A few guys we hunt with have them chipped and swear up and down that they get 22+ mpg regardless if they're in town, on the highway, hauling, towing.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommelleo22 View Post
well guys. it's been a great ride but i think it's time to sell the taco.. gas mpg here in PA is only averaging me 14.5 and 16-17 hwy. everythings been checked out on my truck im running stock wheels and stock tire sizes it's only leveled along with replaced the air filter with a K&N and only picked up a half an mpg. truck only has 35,000 on it and if gas is going to suck either way anymore i might as well be driving a v8 full size again like my old titan ;(

Anybody have any gas milage suggestions on the following. 06+ rams with the Hemi, the FJ cruisers- only nice suv to own imo, 06+ ram 2500 with the 5.9l cummins, and the newer body tundras? just looking for some info from actual "people" not the estimated factory #'s who we all know are stretched beyond the truth sometimes.
Why not get a 4x2 Base Tacoma to save gas? Coming from a 4.0, I have to say the 2.7 is a great engine with great MPG's.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #8

ya my friends family all drives the cummins with the 5.9 chipped and say they never drop below 20mpg with their chips set right and i can't give up the 4.0 with hauling my race bikes in my enclosed trailer or id get a 2.7 4 banger to have as my gas saver
Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #9
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

However, for an 06 5.9 with less than 100k miles they're wanting $25-30k
Old 06-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #10

ya if not more. but i get all my vehicles from the acution and mmr has them at about 16 to 19 for an 06 with 65,000 which isn't bad but for an 06 it kinda is but not in retrospect after you take into consideration the powerplant and how those motors are the heart and soul of diesels.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommelleo22 View Post
ya if not more. but i get all my vehicles from the acution and mmr has them at about 16 to 19 for an 06 with 65,000 which isn't bad but for an 06 it kinda is but not in retrospect after you take into consideration the powerplant and how those motors are the heart and soul of diesels.
Yeah but you also have to take into account that everything else besides the drivetrain on those trucks only lasts about 100k if that lol.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #12

that's the problem lol. motor is good everything else.. well checkbook time haha.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How much does your trailer / race bikes weigh?? 2.7 l is good for 3500 lbs.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #14

loaded probably like you said around there. i didn't know the 2.7 had that much towing cap
Old 06-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #15

any info on the tundras gas milage? judging by some guys on here as soon as they even leveled it with 33's it went to steady 10-11? because i have a couple i can get a killer deal on
Old 06-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #16
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
buddy has the trd off road and he's getting like 12-14 and hes stock
Old 06-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
my 5.9 cummins 22hw, 18ish city 15 towing whether its 2k lbs or 10,000 lbs
Old 06-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #18

ouch bullet and firetruck how do you like your cummins? all in all what are your thoughts?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #19
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
have fun with your new dodge when it needs major repairs at 70k
Old 06-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5iiawah View Post
have fun with your new dodge when it needs major repairs at 70k
Haha so true, I have a friend that Had one, he ended up buying a tundra. because the dodge was such a POS.