Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Toyota needs to get on this.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota needs to get on this.

Toyota and its lack of performance vehicle!? What the hell. I know they brought back the Corolla XRS, but its performance is lacking. Its only got 132HP, compared to the 177 in my SE-R, 190 in the Civic SI, and whatever is in the vdub.

I know there is talk of Toyota building a RWD coupe with Subaru, but thats to far off into the future. Toyota needs to get into the sport compact market now!

Whose with me?
Old 10-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
like a supra or something.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Im with you.
But i believe they dont really want to get into the sport scene due to peoples desire for gas efficient cars. They probably would make more money selling gas effiicient rather than producing/selling a sport car during this economy.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yes true. however, they need to bring back the Supra. giv it a V6 and 300 hp
Old 10-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I agree!
Bring back the Supra. If Nissan is getting 307 or whatever in the G37, the Supra with a 4.0 and a SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i would stick with a 3.0 and inline personally. its a good combo. small pistons that take boost well. not a lot of rotating mass.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yes true. but i think to own a new supra with a S/C would be bad as hell. man i really want one now.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I would kill for a Supra!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
i would stick with a 3.0 and inline personally. its a good combo. small pistons that take boost well. not a lot of rotating mass.
Being as the last version had a 3.0 I would think a larger engine would still be nice. As most of the internals are/were forged, i.e. con rods, pistons, crank, Im sure boost would not be a problem.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #10

ive seen a 92 gray supra floating around my town somewhere. its stock though. but it looks good
Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Being as the last version had a 3.0 I would think a larger engine would still be nice. As most of the internals are/were forged, i.e. con rods, pistons, crank, Im sure boost would not be a problem.
Hell yeah go for a 4.0
Old 10-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
ive seen a 92 gray supra floating around my town somewhere. its stock though. but it looks good
That reminds me, I saw a blue R34 on the highway the other day. Imagine my surprise when seeing such a vehicle, as I was not aware they even sold the R34 in America.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #13
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They must've imported it. I knew a guy around here that had his R34 imported from Japan (steering wheel on right side). He said it was a bitch to get it imported into the country and then even harder to get it to pass an inspection of some kind.

He is filthy rich.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #14

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I had time to actually check it out and meet the owner. I was riding along the highway and saw it and thought WTF. If it wasn't going the other way I woulda followed him. It was a beautiful car.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #15

thats partly why i wanted to join the navy. so i could maybe get stationed in japan and buy me a car albeit a R34 or a sylvia, or a regular nissan skyline. but i know now i dont really want to do that. ive got a tacoma now
Old 10-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #16
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
2010 they are coming back out with the Supra
Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #17

dude seriously? do you have any concept pics of what it might look like.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #18
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
dude seriously? do you have any concept pics of what it might look like.
http://www.2008toyotasupra.net/a-pre...-toyota-supra/
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TightShirts View Post

It's not very sexy.

I think this looks good, but it's nothing like the old Supras. But it's a hybrid. Not my thing. Fast as hell though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_FT-HS
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #20

lookin good is all i can say.