Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What do you DD?

Old 06-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
What do you DD?

Well my Tacoma just isn't cutting it anymore. With my new job and the commute I'm spending a week's pay just for gas. Looking at getting something that gets 30+ miles a gallon but not sure what. Ideally I would like an 03 Jetta TDI but I haven't been able to find one with less than 100k on it anywhere near me. Just wondering what those of you with long commutes drove and what kind of mileage you get.

And don't be a smartass and say "I drove my Tacoma." That's not the point of this thread.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
toysrgood is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Paul
toysrgood's Tacoma Gallery
Weeks worth of pay on gas? How long of a commute do you have?! No really though that sucks!

I drive 30 miles one way 4-6 days a week, plus 40 miles round trip if I make a dinner run and I burn on average, on a short week, one tank of gas in my v6 doublecab.

My wife drives a 2009 corolla about the same distance a week, $35 to fill the tank, and it lasts a week and a half to two weeks. On our road trip from Wisconsin to South Carolina we averaged 36 MPG with the trunk and backseat loaded with suitcases.

I am a Toyota guy, so the corolla for my wife was top on the list for eco cars since I can't be seen in a Prius

Hope this helps a little!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Before my truck I had a '99 Civic sedan with 5spd. Car would usually do high 30s for MPG and with the 5spd was at least decent to drive. Was definitely a solid little car
Old 06-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
baja820 is a splendid one to beholdbaja820 is a splendid one to beholdbaja820 is a splendid one to beholdbaja820 is a splendid one to beholdbaja820 is a splendid one to beholdbaja820 is a splendid one to beholdbaja820 is a splendid one to behold

baja820's Tacoma Gallery

2004 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 shc

23mpg on the hwy.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
well, my winter car, better on gas is a classic vw bug. Cheap to repair/maintain, and a well tuned motor will avg high 30's, if not low 40's (really well tuned).