LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone have a vw bus?

Old 06-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a vw bus?

After going with my friend to a vw show today to show his 72 baywindow (now lowered) I got a strong urge to buy a POS bus and just completly dump it and restore it as a project car. I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with busses and lowering them?? Its probably a long shot but oh well.

I would want to build somthing like this. The in the grass, 2-3" of ground clearence, weathered look.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
I love the VW buses, I would rock one dragging ass all day everyday. I'll have one someday. Theres a few different lowered ones running around my town...they look so damn cool.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
I love the VW buses, I would rock one dragging ass all day everyday. I'll have one someday. Theres a few different lowered ones running around my town...they look so damn cool.
oh ya. I want one BAAAD now. After looking through 20 pages of this http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...er=asc&start=0

I just have to start saving enough up to buy it and lower it and fix any major imperfections. And since it wouldnt be my DD, i dont give two shits how low and impractical it is
Old 06-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Well get one then man!

And gee, thanks for the link...now I'm not going to sleep tonight...lol
Old 06-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
Dolan Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
Well get one then man!

And gee, thanks for the link...now I'm not going to sleep tonight...lol
ok let me pull 2gs out of my ass, there we gooooo! Mabye ill have to start playing some scratch lottos, it will be my "bus fund"

and me neither, ill probably look through the whole thread drooling...
Old 06-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
7.3L Powerstroke Care Taker
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I don't. But I too think they are a very cool project. Sub'd in hopes that some TW members have a bus hiding in their garage
Old 06-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #7
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dino
DirtyTacos's Tacoma Gallery
That would be a fun restoration. Who needs aerodynamics
Old 06-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTacos View Post
That would be a fun restoration. Who needs aerodynamics
I drive an FJ I know nothing of this aerodynamics word you speak of
Old 06-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Did anyone see the one that sold at barrett jackson in la this weekend 200k for a fuc&ing vw bus it was nice but i never saw that coming
Old 06-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
They are big money for rotted out junk.the newer years are just fugly. I love the pick up buses with drop down sides and crew cab pick ups.the dude mike from American pickers has a cool bus
Old 06-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
A guy who owns the warehouse across the way from ours at work, restores these things and has at least 10 of these things in various stages of resto in there.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
VW Buses ROCK! That's on my list.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Did anyone see the one that sold at barrett jackson in la this weekend 200k for a fuc&ing vw bus it was nice but i never saw that coming
That was a 21-window that sold for $198k!

I'd drive one! I like the westy also, with the full screen house add-on!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
and if you pull out some more money and want to go fast i belive some older porshe engine have the same mounts and will bolt up with minor issues i belive.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #15
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
dude that is pretty dam sweet!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:05 AM   #16
Dolan Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
dude that is pretty dam sweet!
What the bus? Or the bus with the porshe engine? Because the bus is still as aerodynamic as a brick and weighs as much as a small church lol, I doubt it would go very fast, even with a good engine hahaha.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 AM   #17
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool....all those old buses are selling for top dollar, if you can find one.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #18

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
Very cool....all those old buses are selling for top dollar, if you can find one.
Not true. Search Craigslist in Oregon. You can find decent ones with minimal rust for $2K or less. I don't call that top dollar for a running classic vehicle.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ_TRD View Post
Not true. Search Craigslist in Oregon. You can find decent ones with minimal rust for $2K or less. I don't call that top dollar for a running classic vehicle.
That's cuz all the hippies moved there from Ca.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #20

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
That's cuz all the hippies moved there from Ca.
God dammit. Fuck the hippies

And unfortunately, you are 100% correct