Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

'new' daily driver

Old 06-29-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
'new' daily driver

I bought a 2008 Camry LE, 32,800 miles. The only option is the sunroof. I kept my truck and will drive it on occasion. It will give me a chance to do some intense cleaning and some more maintenance to it.

Anyone else have a new body Camry? Anything I should watch for on these cars?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
NLF is on a distinguished road
Name: Levi
NLF's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 Camry SE 4 cylinder, and we have 20,000 miles on it. This is our 2nd Camry in this body style, and have had no issues to date.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
they did have some issues with the tranny mostly the v6 models i think, 2007 models for sure, can't remember if 2008 as well...

prolly a good place to start is here: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=235350
Old 06-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
we did. sold it to my father in law.

the inside door handles are weak. careful with yanking to hard. my FIL also hit a relatively small pothole and tweeked the front end. had to replace a spindle. i was stunned. still searching for one wheel to replace a slightly bent one that we moved to a rear position.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
only problem my mom had with it was the charcoal canister (something to to with the ful filler neck) she had it replaced twice but also put on 330,00 kms in three years. other than that an awesome car matenence wise.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
I got the 4cyl. My hope is a substantial increase in MPGs compared to my truck (currently around 18). We will also use it for road trips. My wife's car ('08 Civic) is great but it is becoming a bit small for all of us.