1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Paint for truck cap??

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Markley, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Jul 9, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    Markley

Markley [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hi all..i was wondering what kind of paint, and how to paint a truck cap? I will say that I was given this cap and am not interested in spending the money to get it done right. It also is not a perfect fit. I just don't want it sticking out like a sore thumb...my truck is red and the cap is blue. The cap is in really good shape. I was thinking of just going black because I think I'd have a hard time matching the red. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Jul 9, 2011 at 8:03 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    welcome! and i can’t really hellp with the paint. you should be able to get color matched (idk how or wear) and maybe do it in a garage if you don’t have one, i would make, a make shift pain booth.

3. Jul 9, 2011 at 8:38 AM
    Markley

Markley [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Thanks! Yeah, like I said not that concerned how great it turns out...i do have an unfinished basement that I could use as a paint room. Just not sure how to do it..spray?brush? Type of paint?

4. Jul 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i say spray is going to be the best. as far as looks. and prob easier. bush will have all kinds of lines and stuff from the bristles (may have spelled that wrong. i stayed up all night) and i hear you can get paint that is same exact color as the truck. but like i said idk wear or how to get it.

5. Jul 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM
    CrAiG

CrAiG Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tacoma889
    Vehicle:
    2010 toyota tacoma TRD
    Three inch spacer lift

Products Discussed in

To Top