Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

How hard is it to find

Old 07-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
How hard is it to find

How hard is it to find parts for an 80's corolla, or an early 80's toyota pickup. Also how reliable are they?

I ask because I am considering one of the two.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
How hard is it to find parts for an 80's corolla, or an early 80's toyota pickup. Also how reliable are they?

I ask because I am considering one of the two.
i would call your local parts store. dont think that it would be too hard to find parts for them. imo, i think the older yotas are more reliable.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
iowa530 will become famous soon enoughiowa530 will become famous soon enough
iowa530's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know about finding parts, but I had an 83 Corolla. It was a damn good little car. I eventually junked it though because it seemed like after 200k mi things just wear out. The engine still ran great though. I had some kind of short in a fuse box under the dash. Seems like a new part was $$, and junkyard parts were either scarce or worn out.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i had an 89 4runner, and I could find everything I need on the shelf at the autoparts store, but the damn rocker assembly in the top end of the motor that I blew up 2 times.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa530 View Post
Don't know about finding parts, but I had an 83 Corolla. It was a damn good little car. I eventually junked it though because it seemed like after 200k mi things just wear out. The engine still ran great though. I had some kind of short in a fuse box under the dash. Seems like a new part was $$, and junkyard parts were either scarce or worn out.
That's my concern. I had an 83 Corolla GT-FX16. It was an awesome little 4 cylinder 5 speed hatchy. Fast as hell but it had a lot of miles and I couldnt find parts for it. It was only made for two years. You cant even find that much info on google about it. One of Toyota's failed models I guess.

I'm considering either an old 72-79 Corolla, or an 80-83 4x4 PU.

Do you guys think finding parts is likely?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
Katzo production
leo08pirate has a spectacular aura aboutleo08pirate has a spectacular aura about

Name: Leo
leo08pirate's Tacoma Gallery
its all about the AE87 'corolla" look it up if u dont know about it...
Old 07-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo08pirate View Post
its all about the AE87 'corolla" look it up if u dont know about it...
Yeah those are nice, but I like the old models more. They have more of a "vintage" look.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #8
So any other opinions?