Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Puzzle Weights (Bed weight for snow traction)

Old 07-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
misc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
misc's Tacoma Gallery
Puzzle Weights (Bed weight for snow traction)

I don't use any weight in my bed, but I know allot of people do so when I ran across these the other day I thought I would share and start a thread because searching here came up with nothing besides a link.

I was talking to my mailman the other day and when I went to throw the box of mail I had from work into her truck I saw neat bed weights. I grabbed the name off of them so I could look it up and post over here.

Here is the link to the company http://www.puzzleweight.com/

I think it's hilarious that the postal service is too lazy to take them out in summer so basically they are wasting fuel and beating up the trucks for 9 months out of the year needlessly...... I love paying taxes
Old 07-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I like how their video shows them putting the weights at the back of a front drive car.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I like how their video shows them putting the weights at the back of a front drive car.
Lmao
Old 07-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
misc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
misc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I just watched it for the first time

37 state's USPS's are running these

That means 37 states worth of POS trucks overfilled with weight all the time wasting money
Stupid ass government
Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, but back on topic they seem like a decent alternative to sand bags. +1 rep to OP for trying to help someone interested!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #7
misc's Tacoma Gallery
Fill 1/2 with sand and 1/2 with salt then if you get stuck on ice empty them out as needed.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Fill 1/2 with sand and 1/2 with salt then if you get stuck on ice empty them out as needed.
And one with booze
Old 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
sdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nice
sdnicker2000's Tacoma Gallery
My Dad had some of those in the late 80's and early 90's. They were in his 1985 Jeep Cherokee. He used them due to the rough ride. They made a huge difference in ride (and rattles). I don't know if they were "Puzzle Weights" or not but they look the same.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
misc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
And one with booze

and another one with Tomatoes
Old 07-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
And one with booze
And keep that one behind the seat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
And another with hot bitches.
That'd be a pretty tiny and deformed woman!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #13
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Helps with cornering in snow. FWD cars have very little weight at the back which means that when the front tires dig in to snow/slush when turning, the back wants to float around and spin the car. Having some extra weight in the trunk digs in the rear tires and makes it easier to keep them in check; especially for drivers who don't know how to handle an oversteering FWD car.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #14
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Whats snow???
Old 07-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #15
misc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Whats snow???

The only snow you would know is the shit you floridians sell to all the other states (up the nose candy)
Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #16
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
The only snow you would know is the shit you floridians sell to all the other states (up the nose candy)
Never used the shit myself, Im only into bud & buds.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #17
fuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to behold
fuzz master's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whats snow???
what he said^^^^^
Old 07-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Neat idea, but a bit expensive. $57.00 for 6 pieces. I picked up 6 sandbags from work for nothing. All I had to do was find the sand to fill em.

And the lady in the video lifting the sandbag was pretty funny.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #19
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whats snow???
It's like Mortar fire from God...cept it kills more people.