1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Diminished Vehicle Value?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Sprink21, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Jul 20, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    Sprink21

Sprink21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2010 dbl cab 4x4
    K&N Intake, AirAid Throttle Body Spacer, Banks CatBack Exhaust
    Last week I was on my way home from work and I was rearended in stop and go traffic in my wifes 08 Mazda 3 at around 5mph or less. The damage I dont think is very bad, just two quater sized dents above the rear license plate frame and some faint scratches. The body shop quoted me $500 for repairs. My question is does this go on my vehicles history with such minor damage (clean title until now) and if so am I intitled to any extra money since the vehicles value would be diminished? Any help would be awsome because i've looked all over online and cant find any answers. Thanks guys and gals!

2. Jul 21, 2011 at 8:17 AM
    pipelayer_99

pipelayer_99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    You can request diminished value from the insurance company but you will have to prove the damage will reduce the value if you try to sell or trade in the vehicle. Most of the time you won't get diminished valued unless it's a year or two old or the vehicle has frame damage. Doesn't hurt to ask the insurance company. Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top