Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

BMW i8 - Concept car

Old 07-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
BMW i8 - Concept car

Hybrid sports car...don't care what you say, I love BMWs and I love looks of this one also...

More pics and info here:
http://www.netcarshow.com/bmw/2011-i8_concept/

Old 07-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately it most likely won't look anything like that when it's out to production... Looks like they're gearing up to compete with the new Lexus hybrid!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Unfortunately it most likely won't look anything like that when it's out to production... Looks like they're gearing up to compete with the new Lexus hybrid!
Oh I know and I know the engine isn't THE most powerful, but it looks fantastic, and I have yet to drive a BMW I haven't loved. Plus being hybrid, the MPG will be good.

I'd actually prefer them to release the M1 concept. That thing is ridiculous and I love it!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
is there something wrong with me because id rather drive my taco rather than that and id rather drive my 86 than the taco?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Oh I know and I know the engine isn't THE most powerful, but it looks fantastic, and I have yet to drive a BMW I haven't loved. Plus being hybrid, the MPG will be good.

I'd actually prefer them to release the M1 concept. That thing is ridiculous and I love it!
Whoa... that thing is nuts!! I just googled it
Old 07-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
is there something wrong with me because id rather drive my taco rather than that and id rather drive my 86 than the taco?
Yes, but already all knew there was something wrong with you

Idk, I'm a big sports car and muscle cars fan as well. Especially since I haven't had time to wheel, and with where i live, I don't mind driving small cars.

Actually I wouldn't mind driving a small hatchback either, which is what I'll probably be in next when I move...
Old 07-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Whoa... that thing is nuts!! I just googled it
I made a thread a long ass time ago when it was first announced and I was surprised because a good amount of people didn't care for it. Oh well, different monkeys, different nuts.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
I'd never trade my Tacoma in for any car but I think fun hybrids like that are going to save the gas engine. I wouldn't mind it as a second vehicle if I could afford it
Old 07-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #9
Rad Red Prerunner
eccracer104 has a spectacular aura abouteccracer104 has a spectacular aura about

eccracer104's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't car companies make even just limited edition runs of their concept cars? There are a lot of wealthy people out there who would buy this!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccracer104 View Post
Why don't car companies make even just limited edition runs of their concept cars? There are a lot of wealthy people out there who would buy this!
Some do for testing but I've never heard of them being sold.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
BMW has just revealed a brand new sportscar, capable of hitting 62mph in 4.6 seconds and a top speed of 155mph, while returning 100mpg. Welcome to the future, Internet.