Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Talk me out or into buying a GMC 1500...help

Old 07-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
MachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Nick
MachoTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Talk me out or into buying a GMC 1500...help

lol, well I am working out a deal on a 2008 GMC 1500 4x4 SLE with 29,300 miles. My truck is a 2010 TRD sport with 28,400 miles.

I love my Tacoma great solid tough little guy. I am just in a need of a bigger truck (family), for interior room and payload/towing. They both get around the same gas mileage the GMC 15 city and 20 HWY. SO help me out I am honestly on the fence...My tires and wheels will swap right over to the GMC as they have the same bolt pattern and tire size.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
MachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

o and the GMC is priced at $22K they are offering $22k trade in for mine.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What do you expect from a bunch of Tacoma loyalists? Keep the Tacoma. You have to do whats best for you.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
is it a crew or extended cab sierra? any warranty?

if you can get it as en even trade doesnt seem like too bad of a deal
Old 07-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
My cousin has an 08 four door chevy, very solid truck in my opinion. Considering this isn't really costing you anything, do what you gotta do!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Remember.. Resale value is probably a lot higher than the GMC
Old 07-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
What do you expect from a bunch of Tacoma loyalists? Keep the Tacoma. You have to do whats best for you.
agreed, the tacoma will be much more reliable especially as you near 100k, but if you truly need the space and towing capacity then go for it.

only other thing i could suggest is to look into a tundra before you pull the trigger on the sierra. you wont find a tundra with 30k miles on it for 22 grand i dont think, but maybe with a little out of pocket or some shopping around you can get close to the same deal
Old 07-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I say go for it, alot of room and if they get the same gas mileage and you need something bigger why not?
Old 07-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR54x4 View Post
is it a crew or extended cab sierra? any warranty?

if you can get it as en even trade doesnt seem like too bad of a deal
ya its an extended cab 5.3L SLE2 4x4 1 year left on warranty. The tacomas warranty is up in 2 years or 7k more miles...
Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #10
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Get a double cab tacoma with tow package

But if you need a bigger truck, then get it.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
the chevy extended cabs have more room then my double cab, at least the previous generation before 07
Old 07-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
I'm confused, where in "GMC 1500" does it say Tacoma???
Old 07-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I like those 1500s. If yoiu need it do it. I doubt MPG willl be similar though
Old 07-31-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
squatnbear will become famous soon enoughsquatnbear will become famous soon enough
Marines:
squatnbear's Tacoma Gallery
If you "need" more room go with a Tundra. Toyota has served you well, I would stick with a co. I know and trust.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #15
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
You've already made your decision. You should have just waited to create a "mynewtruck" thread until after you got your new truck.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #16
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
The GMC is a nice looking truck. However, fuel mileage and resale value is better with tacoma.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
You've already made your decision. You should have just waited to create a "mynewtruck" thread until after you got your new truck.
no I havnt...honestly I am a phone call away from saying yay or nay. I went on fuelly.com and looked up a ton of gmc's 07+ and compared it to 4.0L tacomas they are identical...give a little props to the V8 GMC for that.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't seem like a bad deal if you need a bigger truck. If I were to get a bigger truck, I'd go for the Chevy or GMC.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I can't talk you out of it. I just brought my truck in for service at gm. They have some nice used 1500s I was looking at. I doubt the gas will be the same,resale will not match a yota and at high miles the yota will still be ticking. I just hope I don't impulse buy a chevy when I pick up my Pontiac this week.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
I can't talk you out of it. I just brought my truck in for service at gm. They have some nice used 1500s I was looking at. I doubt the gas will be the same,resale will not match a yota and at high miles the yota will still be ticking. I just hope I don't impulse buy a chevy when I pick up my Pontiac this week.
thats my major concern and the only reason i have not sealed the deal. LONGEVITY. I have heared better things about GM post bailout, however a Toyota is a Toyota. Its tough, I would get a tundra if a damn 2008 was not $30 grand +...