Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Changing a Tire....

Old 11-06-2008, 06:40 AM   #21
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
I credit my dad for teaching me what I know. He was never the type to pay anyone to do anything. He did everything himself around the house.

My first few cars growing up were used and therefore always needed some type of work done. From when I was in my mid to late teens, I was doing everything from changing tires, replacing the alternator, doing tune-ups and even changing my oil. And just last week or so I rotated my own tires.

You never know what might happen late at night, on the highway, driving alone. You always have to be prepared!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #22
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Job!!

I deal with people like that on a daily basis at work. And ya know? They wonder why I'm so anal about stuff getting done a certain way. I'm always double checking the work other people do cuz I know it'll bite me in the ass.

My gawd, just the other day....on another machine, this guy asks me for some duct tape. I say, "What's it for?" and he said...I have a leak in an air line. I say..."An air line?"
So I begin to explain to him how to fix it with a 'coupleing' that our shop has. Well - that was the end of the story for that day.

5 days later...the damn leak is still there and someone put fricken red tape on it.

My gawd...it's an air line that has 100psi running through it. TAPE IS NOT GONNA FIX IT!!

What the hell is wrong with people?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:52 AM   #23
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Nice Job!!

I deal with people like that on a daily basis at work. And ya know? They wonder why I'm so anal about stuff getting done a certain way. I'm always double checking the work other people do cuz I know it'll bite me in the ass.

My gawd, just the other day....on another machine, this guy asks me for some duct tape. I say, "What's it for?" and he said...I have a leak in an air line. I say..."An air line?"
So I begin to explain to him how to fix it with a 'coupleing' that our shop has. Well - that was the end of the story for that day.

5 days later...the damn leak is still there and someone put fricken red tape on it.

My gawd...it's an air line that has 100psi running through it. TAPE IS NOT GONNA FIX IT!!

LMAO!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #24
Runs with Scissors
Radelix has a spectacular aura aboutRadelix has a spectacular aura about

Radelix's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Radelix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Nice Job!!

And these people call themselves professionals....tisk tisk
Old 11-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #25
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radelix View Post
And these people call themselves professionals....tisk tisk
My gawd, these people are on the same level as I am....and they make me feel extremely SMART. I don't even give myself that much credit!

There's never a day that goes by that I'm not mumbling to myself....

"HELLOOoooooo ??? Anybody home?"