Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

The shop may have messed up my alignment?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
Mskwared is on a distinguished road
Mskwared's Tacoma Gallery
The shop may have messed up my alignment?

Its actually my co-workers Ford Exploder but i went into get the brakes and oil done. They said they wouldnt turn them because they were right at spec and if the turned them they would be under, so we ended up putting on new rotors also. Leaving the shop i got on the freeway and i hit about 70- 75 i think i and i got serious death wobble. I thought the damn wheel had fallen off...

Anyways what im asking is that when they changed the rotors, could they have messed up the alignment? Or do you think this problem was already there before? I guess i could go check the tires for an uneven wear pattern
Old 08-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mskwared View Post
Its actually my co-workers Ford Exploder but i went into get the brakes and oil done. They said they wouldnt turn them because they were right at spec and if the turned them they would be under, so we ended up putting on new rotors also. Leaving the shop i got on the freeway and i hit about 70- 75 i think i and i got serious death wobble. I thought the damn wheel had fallen off...

Anyways what im asking is that when they changed the rotors, could they have messed up the alignment? Or do you think this problem was already there before? I guess i could go check the tires for an uneven wear pattern
Out of balance maybe? Did you lose a wheel weight?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
Mskwared is on a distinguished road
Mskwared's Tacoma Gallery
Found out it was out of alignment before i went to the shop. The guy has been getting the death wobbles and just hasnt taken it in. The inside of his tire is bald already