Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

I'm thinking of trading the taco

Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
JayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud of
Name: Jay
JayARRGHH's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of trading the taco

in for a 4runner.
Talk me out of it, talk me into it.
What do you guys think?

I have a 2003 and i owe probably $10K on it still.
I was thinking of a 2000 4 runner, i dont really know too much about em though.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Do it if you want to.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Which do you prefer, truck or SUV? That's the main reason to choose between the two.

Either way, you won't go wrong. If anything happened and I had to replace my truck a 4Runner would be its main competition, aside from a new tC to save gasoline. Doubt I could ever keep a car though.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
JayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud of
Yea i've always had SUVs and i like em better but I also want a V8 manual and the TRD SR5 version which idk if the 4runner's have the same thing. Also since i still owe so much on my truck would getting a 2000 for that much be practical?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Why switch, new addition to the family? Need more space? Either way seems win, both great vehicles.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
Why switch, new addition to the family? Need more space? Either way seems win, both great vehicles.
thats really only what is stopping me, i have absolutely no need to. I just like SUV's better, i have so much shit to store that can't be in the bed of my truck, i just lost a sawzall and palmsander because they wouldn't fit in my tool box and got monsooned on -____-
Old 08-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayARRGHH View Post
thats really only what is stopping me, i have absolutely no need to. I just like SUV's better, i have so much shit to store that can't be in the bed of my truck, i just lost a sawzall and palmsander because they wouldn't fit in my tool box and got monsooned on -____-
Get a shell
Old 08-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
Get a shell
i thought of that, but i wasn't too sure, plus they're pretty expensive, but maybe i'll do that.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
You owe $10000 on a 2003 Taco?!
yea it had 88k and a new frame, plus it came with american racing wheels and BFG A/T so I can have fun while saving up for the shit I want to put on it. I tried making a thread to see if it was too much but i was a noob and nobody responded, as far as I remember, the blue book value on it is at like $13k if i remember correctly
Old 08-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
gonna trade my 06 for a duramax lol
I would LOVE a powerstroke or duramax, but I don't have any need for one, plus i like compact trucks.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #13
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea i've always had SUVs and i like em better but I also want a V8 manual and the TRD SR5 version which idk if the 4runner's have the same thing. Also since i still owe so much on my truck would getting a 2000 for that much be practical?
You want a V8 manual? Not going to find that with any 4runner. I wish there was, but sadly no. I have a 2000 4runner and I really like it. I would have a Tacoma, but I have a little one and I don't have the need for a truck. No TRD version of the 3rd gen 4runners (96-02), but the unofficial TRD version is the 99 SR5 Highlander. It has ~1" taller coils, sport hood, color matched bumpers and has the option for 5 speed E-locker. Check out this thread if you are really interested. http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ers-guide.html
Old 08-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
Unofficial member of the Rebel Alliance
robgeetar is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
robgeetar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
maybe some of these? not as expensive as a shell

http://www.lockstraps.com/